2005 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

would anyone happen to know what the songs for the 2002 VS's show were?

Originally posted by melimi@Dec 8 2005, 06:15 PM
would anyone happen to know what the songs for the 2002 VS's show were?
Do a search for "Victoria's Secret" in TV Show Soundtracks, time frame of "any date," and you should get the older posts discussing past fashion shows. ;)

The first song is a remix of Bodyrocker's I Like the Way with Carol of the Bells. Now from what I can tell there are two versions of Carol of the Bell mixed into the song. I can not identify which version of CotB's is used with the opening choir, however the second instance of the song appears to be Mannheim's version.

I'm attempting to remix the song together like on the show but I just need to know what the first Carol of the Bells song origin is.

The Russian Music that they mixed in is Red Cavalry March' (aka Song of the Revolution) I've found a version on Itunes by the Glenn Miller Band. I've been trying to find the version that they used in the Victoria Secrets Show but haven't come close yet. If you find anything please post it.
Rob

First up , Wasn't that fashion show awesome ! ?!?!!? But anyways I just wanted to know if there was any progress on the search for that Russian inspired remix of "drop it like it's hot" by Snoop Dogg and Pharell ! If so PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
LLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSE ! Let me know cuz i'm dying to have it ! .....thanks again and hope to here from someone soon ! ..........take care

The song played after the second catwalk is "Drop The Pressure" by Mylo. I believe that may be the "housy" song you were thinking of.

And the other song in the ending is "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet

"I Want Candy" is performed by Aaron Carter. Listen to it on iTunes, clues are that he says "I know a GIRL.." instead of "I know a boy.."; the voice matches.

I called Victoria's Secret today and asked them if they knew the name for the "Drop it like its hot" russian mix. They said they weren't sure, but they gave me the name "Paul Mauriat". Haven't found anything with that hint so far. I don't think they mixed in "Red Cavalry March". To me it sounds sadder, more like something out of Hunt for Red October. And to me, the humming sounds like Eminem. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Yeah it's definatly not "red cavalry"....Dosen't sound at all the same I find ! ...but let's keep up the search ! haha . I haven't been in luck either but I'll be sure to post anything I can find ! [/B]

I was looking for that same song..hm. It's definately not something out of Hunt for Red October. It is a military song of sorts, that I've seen played on PBS.

oh my god!!!
I FOUND it you guyz... thx to avions

in "The Russian Album" by Paul Mauriat, the song is 'Plaine, ma plaine"

now if someone could only find the full song, pls post it..

What was the song that they played during the first runway? They first played I like The Way, then segued into another instrumental song. Had an oboe-like sound. Anyone?

I found the song. The quality bitrate is a bit low at 96kbps, but it sounds alright.

(Admin Edit: Do not post MP3 files. This is not a file trading forum. Please review the Forum Rules.)

The version of the song I heard on PBS was sung however, this one doesn't have any lyrics. However, this is definately the one used in the fashion show.

Originally posted by luix.reve@Dec 10 2005, 03:07 PM
oh my god!!!
I FOUND it you guyz... thx to avions

in "The Russian Album" by Paul Mauriat, the song is 'Plaine, ma plaine"

now if someone could only find the full song, pls post it..
Your a godsend!

That it EXACTLY it.

Um, I put the title of the song through my Emule and I got some hits.

I'm downloading it as we speak.

As soon as I get it, I will surely post it. :)

It's the least I can do, since you found the title of the song! :p

Now let's figure this out--what was the underlying orchestrations that accompanied the remix to the Nancy Sintra bang bang song. That wasn't in the remix--and I know for a fact that VS uses the White label remixes for a lot of their shows, but the strings are not there. Someone mentioned something earlier--we'll just wait.
B)

what about the other song used during the second runway? the instrumental you can hear with "You Shot Me Down"? anybody know about that one?

Originally posted by pinche_cabron88@Dec 10 2005, 07:17 PM
what about the other song used during the second runway? the instrumental you can hear with "You Shot Me Down"? anybody know about that one?
Your looking for it too? :lol: :lol:

I'm looking, but shooting blanks.

Man, why does the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show have to do songs that stick with you? :p :D :lol:

There so catchy.

I remember in 2002 with the choir and the flamenco--which I still can't find. :rolleyes:

:lol: :p

Back