What are your favorite Video Game Soundtracks?

ooh ooh! also worth checking out is the Overworld Theme for FFX....it's muy bueno.
tres bien. sehr gut.

What do you guys think of the Devil May Cry 3 Trailer soudtrack? I believe they have two different songs out now in the trailers which will be used in the video game itself also.

Definately all the Medal of Honor series as well as BF: Vietnam and The original Zelda for gameboy. Especially the song that played when u were near the egg!

Skellington
Member No.: 5857

Final Fantasy 8
Specifically the opening song (Leberi Fatali) and the song that is played during the battle between the gardens while Squall is fighting with the dude on the powered suit.

That song is so awesome I LOVE IT so GREAT. It's totallly awesome ! :) :) :) :) :D

socom 2 had some good music to go with the theme of the game
but gta:vice city has to be the best soundtrack mix ever compiled

Primal sdtrk not the score done by 16volt. Most of their music appears during fight sequences. Kinda nice reminds me of judith or Kidney Theives.

The first Tony Hawk Pro Skater....

not to sound like a fanboy which I'm not but halo 2 has a good soundtrack...a few good rock songs and some of those other songs that just set the mood for campaign levels at certain moments...dunno how to really describe them...

:( But what about the GETAWAY for the PS2???

Noones mentioned it yet, and I love the seventies gangster feel it gives the game. On the same topic, if someone could look at my question regarding the GETAWAY, I'd really appreciate it.

JackFoley

god so many

Hitman 2
Metal Gear Solid 1-3
Xenogears
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Dynasty Warriors 3 and 4 plus expansions
Dino Crisis 2 (well the hologram song and Anti-satilite)
Final Fantasy OST's (thats right all of them cept mistic quest of course lol)
Chrono Cross (If you haven't heard this soundtrack yet, try to. It is godly)
Max Payne 1 & 2
GTA: Vice City (God I miss the 80's)
Rockman Zero 2 (final boss music)

... thats all I can think of at the moment

Originally posted by JackFoley@Dec 8 2004, 07:58 AM
:( But what about the GETAWAY for the PS2???

Noones mentioned it yet, and I love the seventies gangster feel it gives the game. On the same topic, if someone could look at my question regarding the GETAWAY, I'd really appreciate it.

JackFoley
Yes I liked that soundtrack too, but I was too distracted by the stupid no direction HUD during missions to really really enjoy it

Hmm...hard question there.
I don't play a lot of games and tend to prefer racing simulations, so it just happens that my favorite music comes from one of them.
http://www.liveforspeed.net
Live For Speed is a racing sim multiplayer oriented made by 3 independant developpers, one of which happens to be a musician. Some of the songs in there are IMO excellent. I'd also recommend to try the game, not just for the music.

Need For Speed 4 and 5 also had good music in them. I think GTR has some good tunes too.
Appart from that I believe the Maxis game have good music too. The Sims 2 has plenty of various music that sounds great, the only problem being you can't understand the lyrics...... :p

Vocally, I think Final Fantasy X-2 has the best sound-track.

Instrumentally, Final Fantasy XI. I absolutely love the sountrack / ingame music in XI.

Metal Gears solid 2, OST
and best one Castlevenia: Lemont Of Innocense OSt
excellnt mix of techno with classical.

I own all the FF soundtracks and I have to say that the Final Fantasy IV soundtrack is my favorite.
Nobuo Uematso is pure genius.

I am working on a ringtone for my phone. I alternate between Castlevania and Zelda presently.

Originally posted by Mr. Inzane@Dec 20 2004, 05:43 AM
Metal Gears solid 2, OST
and best one Castlevenia: Lemont Of Innocense OSt
excellnt mix of techno with classical.
no kiddin. Xenosaga is a great soundtrack. I believe it was with the London symphony orch.

:ph34r: I WILL KILL ALL WHO LIKED HALO!!! im sorry, i just dislike x-box, severely. anywho, id have to go and say, best music of all time on a video game is freekin SC2 (soul calibur 2) gotta luv maze of the blade **sings** duh duh duh duh dee duh dee dum...

Back