Things YOU have made

This is the last time that I'll attempt to do something similiar to Garret's art. My eyes hurt. :( I just needed to test myself.

Originally posted by Caren H@May 14 2006, 09:41 PM
This is the last time that I'll attempt to do something similiar to Garret's art. My eyes hurt. :( I just needed to test myself.
Looks pretty good, just don't save it as a gif next time.

Edit 05 of that song I made. I'm going to use this as part of my final project in audio production.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@May 14 2006, 01:35 AM
New piece. Its entitled Fulminate. I used those photos of the fire I took.
i saw that :)

nice work with the coloring. you too corean!

Thanks guys...yeah, I was wondering why it looked less smoother and more pixelated. Gif sucks... :angry:

I thought of you last night Corean.....the father of the kids I babysit for, wrote Rebs on the check he wrote me. :lol:

Originally posted by Caren H@May 15 2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks guys...yeah, I was wondering why it looked less smoother and more pixelated. Gif sucks... :angry:
Well sort of. The reason why your gif looked pixelated was because gif's can only have a maximum of 256 colors. This means that all the color that is lost is converted into those 256 colors. This is what makes it look pixelated, but there are different uses for different file types. JPEGs are more detailed and can take more color, but it uses complex algorithms to decrease the file size. That's why you get a slider of quality from Low to Best when you save it. Anyways this kind of compression is bad for logos and flat colors and things like that because you get kind of a fuzzy blocky looking haze over things, but over more detailed images, you hardly notice it. So if you wanted to do a logo, you'd want to make it as a gif, simply because you don't need all the extra color, and because it can make smoother curves without getting a cloudy haze, while still keeping the file size low. But for stuff like garret's doing, jpeg is much better. TIFF or PNG would probably be better yet as far as quality, but I think not all browsers can view them and their file size is a bit bigger, so jpeg's the way to go. :)

Oh, and when you're doing stuff like this, never flatten or merge your work unless it's absolutely necessary. Even then Maybe keep an unflattened version saved. And don't throw away the psd's. You might find something you want to use for a future project. ;)

Photobucket doesn't except TIFF or PNG... <_< and I'm not good enough to not layer work like that just yet. I'm coming around. And the only reason why I used gif because like you said, nothing else could hold all the colors the pic would always get shrinked. But, thanks Anthony...you guys are really help me out here. I got's tutors!! :woo:

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@May 15 2006, 02:18 PM
Edit 05 of that song I made. I'm going to use this as part of my final project in audio production.
Soooo good! I only just now got around to listenin to it.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@May 18 2006, 01:59 AM
New piece entitled Essence. Check it out.
that's awesome! do you create these in photoshop? how do you mahe those wavy lines? do you have a tablet?

The wavy lines are from those bonfire pictures I took. And yes, I created the whole thing in shop.

Back