The Great Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, abortion is okay if it occurs in the first trimester. After that, live with it.

:arrow: This is my second and final warning on this topic to abide by the Forum Rules.

• Do not be abusive.

Abuse, thread hijacking, harassment, or any other type of malicious behavior will not be tolerated.

I will have no problem closing this topic down if anyone else ignores our Forum Rules.

Our President and Candidate harrass each other all the time in the real world, and during debate. I'm just saying...

That wasn't the point, the point was the disconnect in the logical thinking.

I have a Biblican Worldview that I believe, you have a diffrent worldview.

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 09:50 PM
Sure do

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 08:00 PM
John Calvin's commentary of the sixth commandment was this...

The sum of this commandment is, that we should not unjustly do violence to anyone.
John CALVIN? Dude if you're going to follow what the Bible says, then you have to follow what the Bible says, not change a very clear-cut law (THOU SHALT NOT KILL) to suit your purpose. If you get to do that then I get to alter other parts for my own benefit. If you claim to be a Christian, then you have to follow the rules. There's no "Well John Calvin says it's ok."

And your people are the same ones saying that a woman who might DIE if she carries a baby to term may not abort it. What about her self-defense? Where's her prevention? "It is foolish to think that just because something hasen't yet happed, it won't."

And so you would rather that woman DIE than give her a fighting chance to live, but woe betide the man who enters your house without permission, be him a burglar or a drunk that went to the wrong door in his confusion or a bum looking for a warm place to sleep. HE gets to die, and so does the woman. As long as your ass is safe.

Originally posted by SirBax+Oct 26 2004, 08:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SirBax @ Oct 26 2004, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I have a Biblican Worldview that I believe, you have a diffrent worldview. [/b]

You do not have a Biblical Wordview. You have a Biblical-As-Interpreted-By-Me Worldview. Don't pretend to be so pious when you say things like this:

<!--QuoteBegin-SirBax

Who cares how messy the death is if your alive, and your attacker isn't. [/quote]
Not. Very. Christian.

You must have missed my clarification on what the actual Hebrew word actually relates to. It most appropriatly relates to our modern word murder.

As to you problems with Gods seemingly unjust ness in your eyes, I suggest you turn to Him for the answer to WHY?

Originally posted by dascoot+Oct 26 2004, 05:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Oct 26 2004, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 08:50 PM
You do not have a Biblical Wordview. You have a Biblical-As-Interpreted-By-Me Worldview. Don't pretend to be so pious when you say things like this:

<!--QuoteBegin-SirBax

Who cares how messy the death is if your alive, and your attacker isn't.
Not. Very. Christian. [/b][/quote]
And you are tyelling me I am NOT-a-Christian-as-interperted-by-you.

I stand befor God as my Judge, and am comfortable with that.

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 08:56 PM
As to you problems with Gods seemingly unjust ness in your eyes, I suggest you turn to Him for the answer to WHY?
Did I say anything to this effect? Or are you trying to sound pious again so that in your haughty indignance you don't have to face what I'm telling you? I don't think God's unjust. I think YOU'RE unjust for taking what you call His word and changing it because it's inconvenient for you.

And for the record, I'm not meaning that whole haughty indignance thing as a flame, I'm using it as a way to express how in my mind I'm picturing your tone and inflection to be. So my apologies to you AND Michelle if it's coming off as an insult instead of a description.

I don't understand this whole turning to Him for the answer WHY? Because I'm not asking WHY? anything. I'm telling. I'm telling you that you're being hypocritical.

Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 26 2004, 06:03 PM
I don't understand this whole turning to Him for the answer WHY? Because I'm not asking WHY? anything. I'm telling. I'm telling you that you're being hypocritical.
Exactly my point.

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 08:58 PM
Right on. And when you die and your Maker asks you why you took His word and twisted it around because you didn't like the fact that it didn't let you use a semi-automatic to blow open some intruder's head, then I hope you have your answer ready.

That would be why YOU believe I have twisted His Word, but either way, time will tell.

Originally posted by SirBax+Oct 26 2004, 09:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SirBax @ Oct 26 2004, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Oct 26 2004, 06:03 PM
Exactly my point. [/b][/quote]
Uh.. what's your point? You didn't prove any point. You said gibberish, and when I asked you to explain your gibberish, you said "Exactly". Is that like when my brother used to go "ASPHINCTERSAYSWHAT"?

Originally posted by dascoot+Oct 26 2004, 06:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Oct 26 2004, 06:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 08:58 PM
Right on. And when you die and your Maker asks you why you took His word and twisted it around because you didn't like the fact that it didn't let you use a semi-automatic to blow open some intruder's head, then I hope you have your answer ready. [/b][/quote]
May I point you to Exodus 22:2.

Originally posted by dascoot+Oct 26 2004, 06:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Oct 26 2004, 06:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 09:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dascoot
@Oct 26 2004, 06:03 PM

Exactly my point.
Uh.. what's your point? You didn't prove any point. You said gibberish, and when I asked you to explain your gibberish, you said "Exactly". Is that like when my brother used to go "ASPHINCTERSAYSWHAT"? [/b][/quote]
The point was YOU'RE TELLING.

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 09:08 PM
That would be why YOU believe I have twisted His Word, but either way, time will tell.
K.. so you REALLY think that when God commissioned the Bible to be written, he meant:

Thou shalt not kill unless a burlgar breaks into your house, then you take that fucker DOWN. Unless you're a woman, then you're ass-out of luck.

You REALLY think that your interpretation of the Bible condones ending the life of a burglar that MIIIIGHT maybe maybe do you some harm, but a woman who is told that her chance of living is slim to none is just gonna have to suck it up?

Originally posted by dascoot+Oct 26 2004, 06:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Oct 26 2004, 06:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SirBax@Oct 26 2004, 09:08 PM
K.. so you REALLY think that when God commissioned the Bible to be written, he meant:

Thou shalt not kill unless a burlgar breaks into your house, then you take that fucker DOWN. Unless you're a woman, then you're ass-out of luck.

You REALLY think that your interpretation of the Bible condones ending the life of a burglar that MIIIIGHT maybe maybe do you some harm, but a woman who is told that her chance of living is slim to none is just gonna have to suck it up? [/b][/quote]
YES, to answer your burgler point, I again referr you to Exodus 22:2.

Originally posted by SirBax+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SirBax)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>As to you problems with Gods seemingly unjust ness in your eyes, I suggest you turn to Him for the answer to WHY?[/b]

Originally posted by dascoot+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I don't think God's unjust. I think YOU'RE unjust for taking what you call His word and changing it because it's inconvenient for you...I don't understand this whole turning to Him for the answer WHY? Because I'm not asking WHY? anything. I'm telling. I'm telling you that you're being hypocritical.[/b]

Originally posted by SirBax
Exactly my point.

Originally posted by dascoot
Uh.. what's your point? You didn't prove any point. You said gibberish, and when I asked you to explain your gibberish, you said "Exactly". Is that like when my brother used to go "ASPHINCTERSAYSWHAT"?

<!--QuoteBegin-SirBax
@
The point was YOU'RE TELLING.[/quote]
^ Does that conversation make sense to you?

<!--QuoteBegin-SirBax

YES, to answer your burgler point, I again referr you to Exodus 22:2. [/quote]
Well good for you, you found one whole passage in the entire Bible that supports what you're saying. You know how big that book is right?

The Bible also says that if a woman wears men's clothing she is an abomination to God, and that a man can buy Hebrew slaves, and sell his daughter, and that a man with a genital injury is not allowed to go to church. That's the old testiment dude. Jesus taught that a lot of things had changed.

Wether one verse or a whole chapter, Gods Word is His and is infaliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back