Six Feet Under

hey djflowerz, have you heard the remix of nina simone's feelin' good? niiice!!! :lol:

The Joe Claussell one on Verve Remixed? It's OK...I prefer the track "Feeling Good" by Huff & Herb that samples Nina. It's a bit hard to find...came out in '97 or '98. Also, check out Felix Da Housecat's remix of "Sinnerman" and Layo & Bushwacka's "Love Story" which samples "Rags & Old Iron."

I just figured i'd post this simply because i was looking for the name of the song. I was watching "Point of No Return" last night and knew it was Nina Simone simply from the characters love of Nina Simone but i wanted to find the name itself. However i'd like to point out that I think they got the idea for the promo FROM Point of No Return. As the song was playing she was shopping in a grocery store following some woman around just throwing things into her cart...obviously its more'n a little different when it comes to lip synching in the Six Feet promo, but still definately based on that.

Does anyone know the name of the singer and song for the new season of Six Feet Under???

it goes something like this...

"it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life.. for me..."

I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone knows!!

thanky you,

DjFlowerz -

Thanks for the reccomendations. I've heard a lot of Felix's work, but up till now i've missed that one. Also tracked down the Huff & Herb mix. 's good stuff.

Apologies for the bump, but wanted to say thanks. Cheers.

i saw a commercial for 6 feet under where the whole cast is at a supermarket and theres this like jazz song in the background it starts off w/o any instrumental music then u hear sum at the end of the commercial please help me find this song

HElp! I'm looking for the artist and song title of the song that plays during the promo for next season's Six Feet Under. It sounds like a Coldplay song...THe commercial shows a mmontage of various clips as the screen pans to the roots of a tree...

Somebody emailed me yestereday about a Six Feet Under Promo using a song by Death Cab for Cutie called "Transatlanticism," from the album of the same name. I have no clue though if that's correct -- haven't seen the ad.

There was an ad out a long time ago for the new season of Six Feet Under (Maybe season 2).

It shows all the cast members ontop of buildings, the sky is very blue/teal. The reach out to each other, balance on the ledges etc.

The music is instrumental - piano based.

Anyone remember it?

I'm not sure which ad you're talking about but you might want to try Thomas Newman, he's written the theme to six feet under i believe and other songs dealing with the show. you could check him out and see if you find anything.

I think it was an instrumental excerpt from Coldplay’s A Rush of Blood To the Head from the album of the same name.

MCB

Does anyone know what the song is on the new season promo commercial for Six Feet Under? It is a female singer - I know that is rather vague. I first saw the commercial on Sunday night after Deadwood.

Thanks, it sounds like the piece in the commercial. Even if it isn't, I'm glad that you turned me on to some new music that I really like!

I saw an ad on HBO advertising the new season for Six Feet Under. It shows the various characters driving in the desert. The music was pretty cool. Anyone know who it is?

it's not Sia "Breathe Me", the lyrics say "sweet sweet baby, i think maybe....you're the only one"

This actually has no words just music. It comes right after the Sia- breathe me song and starts right when the credits start to roll. That sweet sweet baby thing is for the inconceivable ad which I would also like to know about.
Thanks for the help!!

Back