Random Dump Zone, part.. what? Kajillion?

I'm so sorry. :( I actually lost my bullldog last Monday unexpectedly. She was very old. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Are you Okay?

There's no Lord of the Rings desktop calendar this year. :( I don't know what to do! I've had one every year since the first movie came out! I'm so lost! My desk is so empty! :cry:

Can they start the dog and pony show already!? I thought kickoff was at 3... they are sooo dragging this out. NFL players reciting the Declaration of Independence what is this? :lol:

The pledge of allegiance says 'one nation, under god'... does that mean god is Canadian?

Dear god... this guy in a white robe wanted to touch my forehead with ash on his hand today :unsure: Seriously, what's the world coming to...

That same guy branded a whole bunch of people here today. :ph34r: What's up with that? :lol: :P

Originally posted by Scythe@Feb 6 2008, 07:05 PM
uh-oh

Guess I shouldn't have punched him :unsure:
that answered so many questions today. this dude on the metro was doing that. :mellow:

Know whats always been funny to me? I grew up in a predominately Catholic area, went to Catholic school and was just ohh so Catholic growing up in that everything in my life from school to sports to family and friends right down to Mardi Gras and most other entertainment had something to do with being Catholic. Was very aware of other religions but it didn't mean much to me. I had no feelings about them one way or the other. Wasn't even terribly enthusiastic about my own religion for that matter but was a kid so..went with the flow.

Now I knew what prejudice was cos I grew up in the South. No shortage of people in the South who are simultaneously blissfully ignorant and stubbornly opinionated. It would be laughable if they didn't happen to be the overwhelming majority.

The funny thing is.......I had no idea that Catholics were the recipients of the same kind of prejudice as Jews and minorities until I moved away from the"Catholic Stronghold" where I had grown up.

And I do mean funny.....cos I always snicker to myself when I'm confronted with it. :P

Chemistry Mystery #1 - Inorganic COMPOUNDS!

1 - I am a chemical that was previously used in skywriting.
2 - I am one of the rare liquid halids (halogens) at room temperature.
3 - I have a tetrahedral geometry and I am intramolecularlly bonded by Van der Waal forces.
4 - In a double replacement reaction with H2O, one of the products is HCl.

What compound am I?

Figure this out by 3pm Friday (tomorrow) and you get cookies of the chocolate chip variety. :wub:

(PS - My guess is HClO4 - perchloric acid...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't even play. I think that entering a contest is required before one can actually lose. Therefore.....YOU lose. You tried to recruit our help and failed miserably. :lol:

Perhaps it was the, oh so easy to get anyway, cookie incentive. :P

Back