Random Dump Zone, part.. what? Kajillion?

Almost everyone said that people would not leave them alone to buy drugs....like you couldn't even lay on the beach in peace without the locals harassing you....mainly just the crime level....people bothering you all the time...not feeling safe....that basic kinda stuff....I mean, I hear it's gorgeous there but from what I have heard, they say it's not worth your money, because you won't get an actual "vacation" from it, it's more stressful than anything. Oh well, I guess everyone will have their own experience from it. :rolleyes: I have to go to work now for a few hours but hopefully we'll continue this tonight! :D

Originally posted by ledzepgrl@Dec 8 2005, 04:45 PM
Almost everyone said that people would not leave them alone to buy drugs....like you couldn't even lay on the beach in peace without the locals harassing you....mainly just the crime level....people bothering you all the time...not feeling safe....that basic kinda stuff....I mean, I hear it's gorgeous there but from what I have heard, they say it's not worth your money, because you won't get an actual "vacation" from it, it's more stressful than anything. Oh well, I guess everyone will have their own experience from it. :rolleyes: I have to go to work now for a few hours but hopefully we'll continue this tonight! :D
I know you're going to work so hopefully you will see this when you get back.

Okay, here's my expercience. I've been there twice. As far as locals harassing you to buy stuff, yes. That's going to happen anywhere in the Caribbean just so you know. It does suck but can be fun at the same time becuase you can bargain them down. Now, as far as them being on the beach and doing that, this really depends on the hotel you go to. Many of the all-inclusives have gated access and do not let locals in. If you chose a good hotel then you will have more than one restaurant to chose from, more than one pool, a private beach, (and sometimes a seperate nude beach or even a nude island), catamaran cruises, and a lot of them have their own nightclubs even so it's good to do your research. Like if you want a hotel that shuts down a 8pm and no nightlife or if you want one that has a good nightlife. Things like that.

If you pretty much stick to the resort you don't have to worry about crime. The resorts will take you out on shopping tours, nature hikes, dunns river falls, and other local fun things that are completely safe. The crime is not any worse than it is here.

For the most part all of the above applies to the rest of the Caribbean too.

Drugs, yeah if you just tell them no thank you sternly and walk away they will leave you alone. And it is actually illegal there, don't let anyone lie to you. The locals a lot of times think that visitors have the idea that it is legal so therefore they are allowed to proposition you but this isn't so.

Thanks for the help, Rhonda! ;) It's so hard to choose a place. I wanna go somewhere that isn't super common, ya know? I feel like everyone and their grandmother goes to "Cancun" or "The Bahamas"....I'm sure it's all gorgeous but I wanna go somewhere out of the ordinary. Tahiti is still my main choice but who knows when I'll be able to afford it! :rolleyes:

Heh, I just don't got nothin to contribute. Vacation for me would be mountains and snow and all that good shtuff.

I just got a sensitive body part caught on a ring. So that's rad. :)

I had pierogies for dinner.

And then I dropped some sauce on my chest and when I went to wipe it away, there was ring-on-flesh action.

Now I'm conditioning clay! :woo:

Originally posted by cultclassic+Dec 8 2005, 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Dec 8 2005, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Dec 8 2005, 11:04 PM
see! i warned you about clit rings! [/b][/quote]
:lol: Not THAT body part! Hahah what the crap.. why did they want your unpaid-for groceries??

Originally posted by dascoot+Dec 8 2005, 11:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Dec 8 2005, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by cultclassic@Dec 8 2005, 11:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dascoot
@Dec 8 2005, 11:04 PM

see! i warned you about clit rings!
:lol: Not THAT body part! Hahah what the crap.. why did they want your unpaid-for groceries?? [/b][/quote]
I dont know! :blink: I turned around for a sec, and it was gone! With my frigging umbrella inside it.... and it was raining outside!!

Originally posted by cultclassic+Dec 8 2005, 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Dec 8 2005, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Dec 8 2005, 11:04 PM
see! i warned you about clit rings! [/b][/quote]
:lol: that's what i was thinking...guilty as charged

Back