Pipe

What's the difference between smoking while still pregnant and smoking through out the child's life? :unsure:

Originally posted by andy@Oct 3 2005, 11:41 PM
What's the difference between smoking while still pregnant and smoking through out the child's life? :unsure:
Not much, although during pregnancy the baby is getting firsthand smoke.

Plus cigars are different, no one chain smokes cigars. You smoke them on occasion like once or twice a month or at least thats what I do.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Oct 3 2005, 11:35 PM
Plus cigars are different, no one chain smokes cigars. You smoke them on occasion like once or twice a month or at least thats what I do.
Like he said. Cigars are not an everyday thing, plus I never said that they would be smoked in the house or in front of my child. Yuck, a smoky house. :sick:

Also, you don't inhale cigar smoke. The nicotine gets inside thru the lining of the mouth. So less chance of lung problems.

But the interesting thing is, on insurance forms, they always ask have you smoked in the past year. Not, as in the case on alcohol, do you use that regularly. I wonder why that is... :unsure:

Because your lungs can rebuild themselves but your liver cannot.

Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 4 2005, 01:47 PM
:confused:
but they seem to be taking smoking more seriously than alcohol...

my post wasn't clear:
they are asking if you have smoked *atleast once* last year...
they could potentially deny you a policy if you have used a cigarette JUST ONE time in the previous year. but with alcohol, they will deny only if you have 3+ drinks a day... :unsure:

Yeah they should ask like do you smoke regularly and if so how many packs per week or something.

No no, you were clear, I just read it wrong.

Iunno, it is weird.

Originally posted by cultclassic+Oct 4 2005, 02:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Oct 4 2005, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Oct 4 2005, 01:47 PM
:confused:
but they seem to be taking smoking more seriously than alcohol...

my post wasn't clear:
they are asking if you have smoked *atleast once* last year...
they could potentially deny you a policy if you have used a cigarette JUST ONE time in the previous year. but with alcohol, they will deny only if you have 3+ drinks a day... :unsure: [/b][/quote]
They take alcoholism less seriously because its more popular even though its bad for you. I personally don't drink. Drinking is pretty much for dumb people. :eek:

Now, pharmaceuticals! THERE'S the way to go. Got the sniffles? Take this pill. Side effects include ulcers. Got ulcers? This here pill will help. Side effects include leaky bowels. Got leaky bowels? You need this pill. Side effects include runny nose.

Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 7 2005, 05:45 PM
Now, pharmaceuticals! THERE'S the way to go. Got the sniffles? Take this pill. Side effects include ulcers. Got ulcers? This here pill will help. Side effects include leaky bowels. Got leaky bowels? You need this pill. Side effects include runny nose.
hahahaha! :lol:

addicted to pills? there's a pill for that too!

awww...don't get cranky...

...here, have a pill..

"Genedefekt" by Green Velvet. Check it. kinda relevant....a lot of their songs seem to be about pills...

Back