NBA Playoffs on ESPN

shoefresh

Reaction score
Just caught the commercial, but can't place the song. I remember seeing some player do a chinup on the basket and Kobe hanging out on the bench. Players just doing what they do to psyche themselves up for a game.

The music struck me as very cool. Electronic... kind of sounds like DJ Shadow.

Any takers???

Thanks in advance. So sorry if it's already been posted. I didn't find it if it was.

I came to this forum to ask the same exact question. It definitely has an instrumental hip-hop DJ Shadow vibe like you said. Anyone who can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

RJD2's "Ghostwriter" is for a very old ESPN NBA commercial. This is one is very recent, and it's really good. I can't find the commercial, however.

Okay, I just saw the spot about 20 min ago. It's definitely not "Ghostwriter," but it could be RJD2. Hopefully SOMEONE knows.

I have become obsessed with finding out what song this is. I've e-mailed ESPN as well, but after 2 days I have yet to receive a response. The problems with finding out this particular piece of music is that it's buried in a promo that can be found on 1 station that plays it maybe once for every 10 times they show a shorter version of the promo that instead of featuring the awesome song treats us to the sounds of Ben Wallace lifting weights, making me hate the Pistons just a little bit more. I agree with itgoesbuzz though; if lots of people e-mail ESPN the same question, they're bound to answer one of them. Right?

From another forum:

It's call "Built to Fall Apart" by The Junkman

Hopefully thats it. Goodluck.

here is a good quality link of the commercial from youtube.com

someone please find out what this beat is...

It certainly sounds like it could be another Rjd2 track or a DJ Shadow production. Possibly even from the Avalanches. Still haven't heard back from ESPN about the e-mail I shot them.

Try emailing the NBA itself...

I'd assume theyre the ones who made the commercial, and ESPN/ABC just air it on their channels....

I thought it was "remember the name" by fort minor, but I guess thats the song that TNT plays for their playoff commercials.

Ahah.. Just found out who this song is by. Its by a melbourne group called Mountains in the Sky and this song is called "Noah's Arkestra". Here is a link to their official website and you can listen to the song by clicking on Listen by the name.

http://www.mountainsinthesky.com/

Great stuff finding that song. I've been trying everything I could think of to get it. And in case anyone sees the new b-ball commercials and wants to know, the new song is Deltron 3030. Great track and album. L8

Does anyone know the background song of the NBA commerical that says all these numbers and then goes, "...All for sixteen teams to earn the right to keep on playing. The NBA Playoffs." It has a beat to it and I'm dying to know. If anyone would help I would truly appreciate it. Thanks.

Back