MTV and VH1 background music songs

i believe that b21 sampled panjabi mc and jay-z exploited thereafter and put it in a mountain dew commercial:) whatever the case may be, the orginator is panjabi mc

Please...if anybody can help me I would appreciate it SOO much... I am looking for a specific song. This song has been played on COUNTLESS episodes of Mtv Cribs and lately, other types of reality montage shows such as VH1's fabulous life of...

This song saw its most airtime during Cribs' earlier days, but it is still used throughout many shows and it is frustrating me that i cant pinpoint it, nor can i find any way of voicing this problem to the world, more specifically MTV

The Cribs episode that this song was MOST RECENTLY PLAYED was during an episode with a black football player with a baller house. (really friggin helpful, right?) I wish i knew this guys name, but as cribs has matured, the people have become less and less recognizable as we all know.

So........the song goes: Duh NUH, chuh,chuh chuh chuh chuh, chuh chuh chuh ch,NUH!.... and it continues on just like that.. I guess that the Duh NUH! part could be described as similar to a HORN. but thats all there is to the song! very simple right? However................it is the BEST MOTHERF***IN BEAT I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!!!

IF ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT SONG I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU WOULD DO SO MUCH FOR ME BY JUST LETTING ME KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!!. HONESTLY IT ISNT EVEN ABOUT THE SONG ANYMORE, IT IS AN ISSUE THAT I NEED TO RESOLVE!!!!!

I have needed this song ever since i first heard it on one of the first mtv cribs episodes over SEVEN YEARS AGO!!!

Updates:

"The Sound of The Saints"- Libertine
"Things Could Be Worse"- Happy Campers
"If Wishes Were Horses"- Libertine
"Next Life"- Libertine
"Confused"- Psychofun
"Cell Phone Punk"- The Kind
"2 Turntables and a Mic"- Black Moon

There's this like techno-rock-ish song that's played on "Real World Austin" and "My Super Sweet Sixteen" and the only lyrics they play are "hot like a fire in the midnight sun." When you hear it, it's just electric guitars. I'd say it's reminiscent of 311. Anyone know it? It's not Duran Duran or AFI. If you watch the Divya and Priya eppy of "My Super Sweet Sixteen," you'll hear it.

Guys I've been looking for this song for YEARS. I finally had a chance to get an audio sample of it while it was playing on TV.

I tried running it through a program that can actually tell you the name and song title of a song just by listening to it through a microphone, but unfortunately it did not work.

Please visit the link below. Listen to the sample and tell me if you can tell what song is playing in the background.

Unlike most of this forum this topic will require good ears and not just sound knowledge of lyrics.

The sample is purely Music. No words.

http://www.myspace.com/tvradiofilmsongsearch

This is a link to the audio sample.

It plays on ITunes.

http://in.geocities.com/graywolf1087/vh1songsearch.mp3

This is not a Pump Audio file or any other archive file.

Mtv and Vh1 has done this a lot by only playing the music and none of the lyrics.

Examples:

"Dark Wave" by Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks TOOK ME YEARS TO FIND THIS
"Weapon of choice" by Fatboy slim
"Where its At" by Beck
"Sexx Laws" by Beck
"Devil's Haircut" by Beck
"Popsickle" by Starlight Mints
"Step Into My Office, Baby" by Belle & Sebastian
"Cannonball" by The Breeders
"Freetime" by Kenna

Anyway

I promise you this is not a song from Pump Audio archives.

Eventhough MTV/VH1 no longer uses some of these songs, I'm sure that someone may have been searching for these songs.

"Quattro"- Calexico
"Anthem"- Blink 182
"On A High"- Duncan Shiek
"I Don't Want to Know"- The Donnas
"Wrong Impression"- Natalie Imbruglia
"Way You Walk"- Papas Fritas
"Flesh Into Gear"- CKY
"Shut You Eyes"- The Shout Out Louds
"Ageless Beauty"-Stars
"She's So High"- Tal Bachman
"The Great Escape"- We Are Scientists
"Little Know It All"- Iggy Pop & Sum 41
"My Sweet Annette"- Drive-by-Truckers
"Hangin' Around"- Counting Crows

Originally posted by graywolf1087@Jun 2 2007, 02:48 PM
WOW 107 views. How many other people were looking for this song?
since your topic title was so vague "MTV / VH1 song search" I doubt people came here looking for the same song you were looking for (there is no way they would have known what song your thread was about.) They probably came here hoping they could help you to find your mystery song.

I'm glad you were finally able to find the name of the song!

:)

Originally posted by graywolf1087@May 30 2007, 10:45 PM
Guys I've been looking for this song for YEARS. I finally had a chance to get an audio sample of it while it was playing on TV.

I tried running it through a program that can actually tell you the name and song title of a song just by listening to it through a microphone, but unfortunately it did not work.

Please visit the link below. Listen to the sample and tell me if you can tell what song is playing in the background.

Unlike most of this forum this topic will require good ears and not just sound knowledge of lyrics.

The sample is purely Music. No words.

http://www.myspace.com/tvradiofilmsongsearch

This is a link to the audio sample.

It plays on ITunes.

http://in.geocities.com/graywolf1087/vh1songsearch.mp3

This is not a Pump Audio file or any other archive file.

Mtv and Vh1 has done this a lot by only playing the music and none of the lyrics.

Examples:

"Dark Wave" by Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks TOOK ME YEARS TO FIND THIS
"Weapon of choice" by Fatboy slim
"Where its At" by Beck
"Sexx Laws" by Beck
"Devil's Haircut" by Beck
"Popsickle" by Starlight Mints
"Step Into My Office, Baby" by Belle & Sebastian
"Cannonball" by The Breeders
"Freetime" by Kenna

Anyway

I promise you this is not a song from Pump Audio archives.
Whats the name of the program that you run a song through a microphone and it tell you the name?

Originally posted by songsforme@Oct 13 2006, 08:21 PM
hello everyone...im new if u need help finding a song i will do my best cause i can find pretty much anything...WITH ONE EXCEPTION this one song...it has no lyrics all i know is that is ALWAYS played in the background of fabulous life, cribs, and vh1...it sounds like it would be a hip hop song but i dunno...it goes like DU DU DU DU like that...its a bass or something...ive been looking for yearssssssss HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :lol:
I am looking for the same song, it is just like a hip-hop brass section! I know that the song is played in Fabulous life of filthy rich billionaires. Someone please help!

^^^ I totally know what you guys are talking about. It's quite popular in these shows and I've been trying to look for the same song for years too.

Can anyone help?

It's a hip-hop song with like a bass beat or could be from a guitar.

DUNA NUNA NAAA

There is this song used on mtv cribs, during a scene when they review the house that was on the show,etc. or on other various shows as a background. and its not exactly techno, but it might be by a techno artist. the vocals go like, heeyy, heyy, woman(not sure if this is the word used). its kind of a slow paced song. and it starts out with a sample, or a keyboard that fades in and out, and after the lyrics a piano is played. i hope this doesnt sound dumb as hell.

:unsure: I wish I knew what it was too. I have heard it sooo many times.

BTW I'm not sure if this has already been posted here but I am going nuts trying to find the background music that plays for bumper promos for vh1's i love ny & charm school.

of course it plays betw commercials during these shows & features pics of the show's cast members, blah blah blah..anyway the song sounds like a really slow techno groove...has some synth and a wierd funky baseline...does anyone know what the name of this song is? or even a streaming video of this vh1 bumper would help.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. This forum seems to be really helpful & this thread has a lot. :)

to clarify my above post & get str8 to the point :)

HELP!!!

VH1 Commerical, used for Flavor of Love, I Love NY, Charm School & A few others...it sounds like an 80's song lots of synth...usually flashes different photos of the cast for each "celebreality" show.

IF anyone can help out with this it would be great. They don't play it often & the spot is just about 10 seconds long & is easy to miss.

Please help!!

Thanks! :D

Back