MTV and VH1 background music songs

Hey guys, I've been looking for a song popularly used in VH1 and maybe some MTV shows. All I can describe is the begining of the song is very upbeat with trumpets or some kind of horn instruments. It sounds A LOT like ska but it doesn't play long enough to get any lyrics from it. It's not R&B or Hip Hop. It just really sounds like ska. Most recently I've heard it in The Fabulous Life Presents 2007 right after they talked about Christina Aguilera taking over Ozzy's house. If anyone can help find this song's name and artist I would be so freaking greatful. I've been searching for over a year with no luck.

i've been trying to figure out the name of this certain song for a few YEARS now. mtv and vh1 use it all the time and it kinda has a hip-hop influence. lotta drum kicks and base and some snare...no words to my knowledge. it goes sorta like.....

duh duh-duh-CH duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh-ch

duh, duh-duh-duh-CH duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh-ch......or somethin like that

and on top of that are some higher pithed notes from a keyboard. on Saturday morning, 02/02, watch Best Week Ever at 11am ET and it plays at about 7-8 minutes in when some chick is talking about Britney Spears. don't know how much more accurate of a description I can give but it's bugging the hell out of me. much thanks in advance

alright, uh...just by looking at my poor attempt at trying to make a visual representation of the melody, i don't think that's gonna work. i can hear the song in my head and that's the problem....no one else can cause it's just an instrumental as far as i know. i've gotta figure out what this damn song is.

if anybody can list more rap/hip-hop influenced songs mtv and vh1 use, i'd appreciate it. the one's people have listed already i've already gone thru

Like everyone else, I need severe help with finding a song. It's in two MTV shows as far as I know. It's in the episode of "My super sweet sixteen" with Ava, the Arabian/American girl. It's the song playing when they first show them in Paris with the fountain. It's also played in "True Life: I live a double life" when Jeanine, the woman who also impersonates Anna Nicole Smith. It's playing right before and in the beginning of when she goes to get her hair done. The clip they play is an orchestra playing it. Can anyone help?

it's a long shot I know, but there's a track that is always played in MTV cribs, Pimp My Ride and VH1's life of the rich and famous documentaries. All i can describe it as (as there are no lyrics that are played in the sample) is a funk sounding song possibly late 90s early 2000's hiphop with a funk chord going downwards first like (dum dum der dum) then again upwards (dum dum der dum) with a "woo wooeeooo" at the end of the upwards funk chord section the chords then seem to double up in the same pattern as above a little later on in the song (i know it's a released song too as i heard it on a local swimming baths radio station a couple of years ago and i even think it could have a female singer in it later on in the song singing much like the lady from Moloko.)

Can anyone help as this song has been driving me mad for 4+ years now.

Hello everyone, I need some help with a song like evbdy else. I believe the song is from the mid to late 90's. It's a synth rock song, that can be heard on the fab life presents Hottest Heiresses. Its about 20 minutes into the show, when the narrator is talking about Amanda and Lydia Hearst. He says "their not just reading headlines, their making them", and then the song kicks in. I thought it was God Lives Underwater, or Prodigy, or some other similar synth rock band, but I've had no luck finding it. Can someone plz help?

ey guys....
can any of u please help me find this song on Vh1...
itz played on the trailer of Vh1 Four 11 mainly and sometimes on Vh1 Get With It....
i tried downloadin all the above mentioned songs but it isnt here......
some people mentioned that it was Happy Up Here by Royksopp.....
i got that song and itz nice but it isnt the one im lookin fr....
plz help me get that song yea.....
would really appreciate it :)

haha.....i found the song myself.......
itz shut up and let me go by the ting tings.......
u knw the starting part with the guitar n drums............thats the one i was lookin fr.....
itz played on Vh1 four 11 n sumtimes on get with it
kudos to me :)

Back