Motorola Q Verizon

summagirl

Reaction score
I've searched these boards but have not been able to find a string on this particular commercial. It is a short one, and pretty much just shows the phone from different angles. The song goes "there's just something about you, makes me wanna hold you. When I think about you...:

And no, it is not the Persiphene's Bees song. The sound reminds me of Goldfrapp, but I can't find this song on any of their releases.

Thank you!!!

I don't have the answer for you.

It does sound like a Goldfrapp knockoff, specifically the track "Strict Machine" from Black Cherry.

These are the lyrics I can decipher:

it's just something about you
ooh that makes me wanna hold you
and when i think about you
i just say yeah yeah yeah

you know exactly what i need
let's get together baby out of sight
I'm gonna take you everywhere with me
you got the signal now just do it right
oh yeah yeah yeah

And that second verse leads me to believe that it is not a proper track after all, rather it's just some twenty second jingle done up for the Moto Q in particular.

I fed combinations of those phrases from the lyrics into Google and retrieved nothing so if it is a proper track on someone's EP it's probably too new for the lyrics to be up yet.

Sorry I couldn't help more...

Yeah, I really wanna find this out, I think it IS goldfrapp, maybe a private single they did for verizon, or a new album coming up. It doesn't sound much like Alison Goldfrapp though, maybe its just another style of her singing, but it sounds like it might be another person. I'm thinking the name of the song (if it comes out) could be called "signal", actually I'm almost possitive... Hopefully we will get some more info later.

--bump--

Konga and Grafi - thank you for your help! We can keep our ears to the ground and see if this pops up as a single anytime soon. For now, I'm stumped... :blink:

Does anyone know the name to the song played in this commerical!! I heard it last night and was instantly hooked!!!! It sounds like goldfrapp sorta, but I know it isn't because I have all their albums and the voice in the song doesn't really sound like Allison! Thanks..any help is greatly appreciated!

Well, sadly after searching for hours I still haven't found what song that is. However, as someone who is an avid fan of Goldfrapp, I can tell you that the song on the Motorola/Verizon commercial is not by the band. It's definately not Alison Goldfrapp's voice though the style of music is almost exactly like theirs. I really hope that it is an actually song and not just a two verse jingle for Verizon, because I think the song rocks, and I really want to be able to listen to the full track one day! Good Luck!

Yeah I didnt think it was alison, didn't sound like her.... Maybe it could've been the band? Or maybe the same music tech... I dont know if someone would rip them off that much enless it was someone who actually worked with Goldfrapp, although it has happened in the past....

I'm gonna take a wild guess here ...
Have NOT seen the ad, so ...

Googled some of the lyrics you provided ...

Perhaps ...

Ladytron - "Sugar" - CD: Witching Hour ???

I dunno ...
Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Just saw this new coke commercial with the same song. May be diet coke. Still have no idea who does the song, but thought this new info might aid some of you in your googling (it sure hasn't helped me)...

Does anyone know the song playing in the new Motorola Q commercial? A snippet of the song plays on this website also:

The lyrics go something like "you got the signal now, just do it right."

I'd appreciate any info, thanks!

Hello -

Anyone know if the tune featured in a recent Verizon ad -- which I believe might have been for the LG Chocolate -- is available to the public? It's a funky, upbeat tune that has the line "Let me show you how it works, works..." and uses sounds that sound like telephone digits being pressed at various points. I'm familiar with the Goldfrapp "Strict Machine" tune -- this is not that one.

Thanks,

Jordan

Song: Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT Edition)
Artist: Death From Above 1979

Since this thread was started, the song used in the Motorola Q page has changed. The other song had female vocals, and as Quinnyforsure said, it included the lyrics like "you got the signal now".

It's a shame that other version of the promo was taken down.

Saw a commerical a couple times yesterday while watching ESPN and NBC (NFL Gameday and while NYG and Bears last night). It is a male singing and the only lyrics that I caught was the repeat of "work work". During the commercial, it shows the Motorola Q and it scolls down to someone's name . . .Isaac Snell. Anyone know the name of song or artist. . the name could have been a fictious name of someone in the Q?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

song title: "Sexy Results((Mstrkrft Edition)"
artist/band: Death from Above 1979

Verizon Wireless 2006 TV commercial "Motorola Q"

Back