Mastercard "Pure Imagination"

pfemoyer

Reaction score
hey i heard that people were having a very hard time finding out who did the song for the mastercard commercial which had a modern remake of the song "pure imagination" from willy wonka and the chocolate factory...anyone find out what group did??

no, its not maroon 5 i'm pretty sure. mastercard also would not release any information about the song either.

Re: Mastercard "pure imagination"

It sure sounds like Nathan Lane to me. But I cannot find a recording anywhere.

Anybody know how to get in touch with Mastercard and ask them to make it a free download?

Re: Mastercard "pure imagination"

It sure sounds like Nathan Lane to me. But I cannot find a recording anywhere.

Anybody know how to get in touch with Mastercard and ask them to make it a free download?
This is an older Mastercard thread from 2006. I believe you are referring to the new AT&T commercial currently running which uses "Pure Imagination".

Music from "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", sung by Anthony Newley

Anthony Newley was the COMPOSER for the original Willy Wonka movie soundtrack---he did not sing. Gene Wilder did the vocals and acted as Willy Wonka, and the song in the commercial sounds exactly the same as the original Gene Wilder version from the movie.

Boy, this thread really makes me feel old.

It's Gene Wilder singing it in the original movie of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It's the original, written for that film. I've never watched the Johnny Depp version. What I've seen of that one is creepy and not at all magic, the way Gene Wilder's is.

The series Futurama had an episode parodying the first film called The Slurm Factory, complete with Grunka Lunkas (instead of Oompa Loompas)

Back