Lincoln MKX SUV "Surfers"

serendipity23

Reaction score
I just saw a commercial for Lincoln cars and there is a mom and her daughters getting out of the car to surf and this Hawaiin style music is playing. It is bugging me I really want ot know the title of the song. Can anyone help me?

Does anyone know what the song is in the Lincoln SUV commercial where a Mom and her kids pull up to a beach and get their surfboards and all out of the SUV? It's surf-music, I just can't place the tune. Thanks!

Originally posted by charmcity02@Jan 18 2007, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know what the song is in the Lincoln SUV commercial where a Mom and her kids pull up to a beach and get their surfboards and all out of the SUV? It's surf-music, I just can't place the tune. Thanks!

No one knows, if this is the same one.

I want to say it's a roy buchannan tune, but I'm not sure ..... any of roy's fans out there?

Found the answer in another forum. It's "Sleep Walk" by Santo and Johnny. It's been covered by several, however, I believe the one in the ad may be the original.

Originally posted by logan01@Jan 26 2007, 06:43 AM
Found the answer in another forum. It's "Sleep Walk" by Santo and Johnny. It's been covered by several, however, I believe the one in the ad may be the original.
"Sleep Walk" by Santo and Johhny

Get it at Amazon.

Hey guys,
hate to bring this back up after so long, but I was looking for this song and everyone keeps on saying it's Sleep Walk, but it's not. I was hoping someone might be able to help out on this one.

Here is the ad just in case nobody remembers:
http://www.lincoln.com/extras/tvads.asp?ad=6

thanks!

Originally posted by degroff@Mar 12 2007, 09:28 PM
Hey guys,
hate to bring this back up after so long, but I was looking for this song and everyone keeps on saying it's Sleep Walk, but it's not. I was hoping someone might be able to help out on this one.

Here is the ad just in case nobody remembers:
http://www.lincoln.com/extras/tvads.asp?ad=6

thanks!
I don't think it's "Sleep Walk" either, but it may be a song by Santo & Johnny....
they were very popular in the 70's......will dig through my old LP's........

Does anyone know what the song is from the latest Nissan commercial? I dont remember the SUV model, but the song is like slow surf rock.

The actual commercial is: Some woman is driving to the beach, and narrating about how she wants to "catch the perfect wave" or something. When she gets out of the car, all the guys are staring, but then her three daughters get out of the car, and they go surf.

Also: To clarify, its not the one with Dick Dale playing his guitar as the people surf. I already checked the forums, this one is reasonably new

It's a commercial about the new Lincoln MKS SUV. The Hawaiian song playing in the background is beautiful! I wonder what it is!

Are you talking about the Lincoln MKX ad where the mom and daughters go surfing? If so, the song has been reported to be "Sleepwalk" by Santo and Johnny. Some people believe it's a slightly different song. Sounds like Sleepwalk to me.

It is definitely NOT Sleepwalk, the tune by Santo & Johnny.
If you know Sleepwalk, you know this is not the same song.
It's in the style of Santo & Johhny's Sleepwalk.
It doesn't sound like Roy Buchanan either.
It has that lilting Hawaiian surf sound,
I'd love to know who it really is.
I'd like a whole album of this sound.

Back