Last Good Movie You Saw

Yeah, I saw "Sideways." It had nudity. Big people nudity.

And when I say big people nudity, I don't mean adult nudity, I mean BIG PEOPLE nudity. :unsure:

Me too! Aladdin, Lion King, um...oh wait, that's it! But I love them all, I just pick and choose when they're "released from the vault" (which is currently Bambi, and we all know how that ends, so I don't want it!).

Andy, I want to see Sideways *so bad*...nothing to do w/ the big people nudity :lol: , just my obsession for wine... :rolleyes: :lol: :p

It is really good!! Yea the BIG nudity was not neccessary but it was funny.

Originally posted by andy@Mar 13 2005, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I saw "Sideways." It had nudity. Big people nudity.

And when I say big people nudity, I don't mean adult nudity, I mean BIG PEOPLE nudity. :unsure:
*pats your head* There there.. you need a cookie and some therapy and you'll be ALLLLL right.

Originally posted by goodasgold@Mar 12 2005, 10:58 PM
I just watched two great movies this week.

Spirited Away and The Castle in the Sky. Yes, two cartoons. But made by Hayao Miyazaki, one of Japans most respected filmmakers. I love the way he can tell a fairy tale.
i loved Miyazaki's 'My Neighbor Totoro' and 'Spirited Away'. I got the DVD 'Nausicaa' today! :eek:k:

i've heard that while all animated studios aspire towards 'Disney Quality', people at Disney aspire towards Miyazaki quality. When i saw the opening shot of Tortoro, i had to pause and look at the DVD, just to make sure it's animation... the scenery was so vivid!

Originally posted by cultclassic+Mar 13 2005, 08:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Mar 13 2005, 08:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-goodasgold@Mar 12 2005, 10:58 PM

Spirited Away and The Castle in the Sky.  Yes, two cartoons.  But made by Hayao Miyazaki, one of Japans most respected filmmakers.  I love the way he can tell a fairy tale.
i loved Miyazaki's 'My Neighbor Totoro' and 'Spirited Away'. I got the DVD 'Nausicaa' today! :eek:k:
[/b][/quote]
A Hayao Miyazaki fan! Me, too! Country road, take me home...

Last good movie I saw was Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It's the only JIm Carey film I like. I didn't find him annoying in this film. The role was perfect for him.

Originally posted by cultclassic@Mar 12 2005, 02:12 PM
i watched City Of God yesterday! awesome! i want to learn spanish!
it's portuguese. loved that film, too. i met the director fernando meirelles here in manila. he is the coolest!

Originally posted by cultclassic+Mar 13 2005, 09:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Mar 13 2005, 09:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-goodasgold@Mar 12 2005, 10:58 PM

Spirited Away and The Castle in the Sky. Yes, two cartoons. But made by Hayao Miyazaki, one of Japans most respected filmmakers. I love the way he can tell a fairy tale.

i've heard that while all animated studios aspire towards 'Disney Quality', people at Disney aspire towards Miyazaki quality. When i saw the opening shot of Tortoro, i had to pause and look at the DVD, just to make sure it's animation... the scenery was so vivid! [/b][/quote]
I haven't seen Totoro yet. Next on my list to watch is Nausicaa.

So far I've seen the following Miyazaki films. Spirited Away, The Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, Castle of Cagliostro.

His next theatrical movie, Howl's Moving Castle, looks really great as well. Hopefully it gets a theatrical release in my area of the world. I don't think Spirited Away ever did reach my theatres. But I was fortunate to have gotten to see Mononoke in the theatre.

Can anyone tell me what movie this line is from?
"You know, we're not so different you and I..."
I think it's austin powers (or matrix?)

I think it's used in several movies but I know that it's in Austin Powers. Dr. Evil says it to Austin.

. o O (It can't be, Ravi WRONG about something? My world no longer makes sense..)

The only problem with Sideways is that you come out desperate for a bottle of wine!!(I detect a Vast Vineyard Conspiracy!!)

If you haven't seen "Bride and Prejudice",it's fun,he's really cute(another New Zealand export)and she's stunning and you'll never guess who plays his mother!(Well,we didn't,nor did the people around us.)The director did"Bend It Like Beckham",so you have the same funny West/Indian culture clashes.My favourite line is his description of how to do an Indian dance!

Originally posted by Tamsin@Mar 16 2005, 12:28 AM
The only problem with Sideways is that you come out desperate for a bottle of wine!!(I detect a Vast Vineyard Conspiracy!!)
i had a similar problem hith "harold and kumar..." :lol:

I wanna see that. :(

Harold and Kumar, not Sideways. I am just plain not interested in that movie.

Back