Kohl's "In a Big Country"

Does anyone know the song for the new Kohl's tv commercial. I like it but don't know who does it or the name of it, please help.

Is this the one subtitled "Changes"? <*looks around*> 'Cuz I'm confuuzed... :blink: It's the newest Kohl's ad, right?

Originally posted by NeedsMusic@Sep 27 2006, 09:08 PM
Is this the one subtitled "Changes"? <*looks around*> 'Cuz I'm confuuzed... :blink: It's the newest Kohl's ad, right?
does anyone know where I can find this song online or the commercial? I love listening to the song :)

If u're talking about the "Transformation" (same as 'change' right?) ad, u can watch it on this website and it's the first thing that loads before the rest of the page does.

Someone also posted a downloadable mp3 of just the audio from that ad. Link.

song was originally done by Big Country on the album "In a Big Country." They have great music if you are not familiar with them.... Wonderland is one of my personal favorites.

I'm so glad Jimmy Gnecco's voice is being heard by a mainstream audience in such a, kind of mysterious way---those that really dig the sound look for the source...heheh but anyway I remember when I first heard Ours my junior year in high school---his voice is one of a kind, it made what would have been another annoying commercial, a fleeting moment of TV paradise. I heard that they haven't released the full version, yet---but maybe all of the response it's getting will result in one being released...When's the last time Jimmy recorded anything?

I hope so too. Apparently someone in the band's fansite forum claimed that the song can be heard playing in the store, and it's the full version...
If it's true then that means one exists.
Too bad it was through a commercial but I'm glad I now know about Ours.

found this site just surfing around. doesnt really give much more information than whats already posted. It does say the song in the stores is the version done by dashboard confessional. plus at the bottom of the blog it has the original music video from Big Country released in 1983... back when MTV actually played videos ;)

Does anyone know the lyrics for the Kohls commercial on now. The commercial is about Transformations. It has the preganant lady,the guy proposing and a bunch of other stuff.
The lyrics are something like:
"I never knew i could happen for a reason"
Something like that cause I'm sure thas wrong.
Any ideas?

Back