JCPenney "Life Imitates Art"

bonzo1986

Reaction score
I know there were many JC Pennys ads during the Oscars, but this one had people humming I believe. It ends with a woman flouting above New York with an umbrella. Now I though I had heard it in a movie or something. Can anyone identify it?

Originally posted by ImtryingtoSleep@Feb 26 2007, 12:15 AM
thats definately not it
There were four different JC Penny ads during the Oscars. (You may have not seen all four depending on your local affiliate station.) Perhaps you are referring to one of the other three?

JCA is correct .. it is South American Getaway .. the JC Penney ad is called "Art Imitates Life" which is posted on their website at:

http://www.jcpenneybrands.com/spring07/?Am...=T1&cmAMS_C=C3&

Click on one of the themes then "View TV Spots"

Btw .. this website is very cool! Ebay used the same music a couple of years ago, and for the life of me I couldn't find any information .. big thanks to all that post!!

Best,

Russ

Correction .. the ad is entitled "Life Imitates Art" .. I guess the ads were produced by DDB

Anyone know who the female singer is in the JC Penney "Calendar" commercial?

Trying to find the name of the song in the JCPenney's ad that recreates famous movie scenes. It aired during the Oscars. You can see it on the web site. Go to JCPENNEY.com Click on the main photo, pick any "collection" then click "view tv spots" on the top of the screen. Select "Life Imitates Art"

Found it. Just didn't dig hard enough. From Butch Cassidy, South American Getaway by Burt Bacharach

Back