I really don't feel like doing anything tonight

easilywow

Reaction score
Am I crazy for just wanting to cuddle up with a good movie and bake some cornbread...even though a really attractive guy wants to see me? And I really want to work on Inventiveness. :/

Why is that crazy? Now if you don't put jalapenos in your conbread......then you might be crazy. maybe. :p

Originally posted by givemfitz@Sep 2 2005, 01:40 PM
Why is that crazy? Now if you don't put jalapenos in your conbread......then you might be crazy. maybe. :p
Jalapenos? Never heard of doing that.

Just getcha one o' them there cans o' diced jalapeenies and mixe'er right in there with the cornbread batter just a'fore ya poor'er in the pan 'an pops'er in the oven. ;)

It kicks major ass that way. Not as hot as it sounds. Very tasty. :p ;)

Originally posted by easilywow@Sep 2 2005, 05:23 PM
Am I crazy for just wanting to cuddle up with a good movie and bake some cornbread...even though a really attractive guy wants to see me? And I really want to work on Inventiveness. :/
I don't recall asking you out....

Originally posted by a_iver@Sep 2 2005, 05:25 PM
Hey Lynda. Inventive like how?
I'm writing a book about the concept of The Singularity, triggered by the world suddenly connecting in one emotion...which will be humor, of course...and then an ourburst of "inventiveness" occurs and thus...The Singularity. :p

Originally posted by andy+Sep 2 2005, 05:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Sep 2 2005, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-easilywow@Sep 2 2005, 05:23 PM
I don't recall asking you out.... [/b][/quote]
I think you just did.

I actually ended up going out tonight anyway.
I'm such a failure at abiding by my own mind's intentions.

Originally posted by easilywow+Sep 3 2005, 01:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (easilywow @ Sep 3 2005, 01:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by andy@Sep 2 2005, 05:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-easilywow
@Sep 2 2005, 05:23 PM
Am I crazy for just wanting to cuddle up with a good movie and bake some cornbread...even though a really attractive guy wants to see me?  And I really want to work on Inventiveness. :/

I don't recall asking you out....
I think you just did. [/b][/quote]
:naughty:

Originally posted by easilywow@Sep 3 2005, 01:34 AM
I actually ended up going out tonight anyway.
I'm such a failure at abiding by my own mind's intentions.
:mellow:

It's a ring toss game! :woo:

Originally posted by easilywow+Sep 3 2005, 12:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (easilywow @ Sep 3 2005, 12:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-a_iver@Sep 2 2005, 05:25 PM
I'm writing a book about the concept of The Singularity, triggered by the world suddenly connecting in one emotion...which will be humor, of course...and then an ourburst of "inventiveness" occurs and thus...The Singularity. :p [/b][/quote]
I wasn't sure what the Singularity is, but I read up a little on it just now and it sounds interesting. Why is it you think that The Singularity will be triggered by an emotion? I'm not sure I understand it correctly, but I would think that because of the progress of technology today people would actually become less inventive from seeing other people's inventions, because the common person would feel that inventing something that hasn't been already invented would take an enormous amount of knowledge. After all, only the best and the brightest are the ones that create something truly original and at the same time very useful, otherwise people would be inventing things in their own homes left and right. Humor, if I understand you correctly, make you smile, but have little or no impact on technological progress, because although it makes a person think, I would think it still would not encourage them to study up on engineering. Heh heh, I prolly sound like an idiot.. I only read about a page on the definition of the Singularity. Oh well :)

Originally posted by a_iver+Sep 3 2005, 08:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_iver @ Sep 3 2005, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by easilywow@Sep 3 2005, 12:32 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-a_iver
@Sep 2 2005, 05:25 PM

I'm writing a book about the concept of The Singularity, triggered by the world suddenly connecting in one emotion...which will be humor, of course...and then an ourburst of "inventiveness" occurs and thus...The Singularity. :p
I wasn't sure what the Singularity is, but I read up a little on it just now and it sounds interesting. Why is it you think that The Singularity will be triggered by an emotion? I'm not sure I understand it correctly, but I would think that because of the progress of technology today people would actually become less inventive from seeing other people's inventions, because the common person would feel that inventing something that hasn't been already invented would take an enormous amount of knowledge. After all, only the best and the brightest are the ones that create something truly original and at the same time very useful, otherwise people would be inventing things in their own homes left and right. Humor, if I understand you correctly, make you smile, but have little or no impact on technological progress, because although it makes a person think, I would think it still would not encourage them to study up on engineering. Heh heh, I prolly sound like an idiot.. I only read about a page on the definition of the Singularity. Oh well :) [/b][/quote]
No, no, no...you're definitely not an idiot, and you do not sound like one at all.
I guess I really didn't explain my Self very well at all.
You see, I write a genre of fiction that I thought my Self to have invented -- that is, before I discovered the works of Ayn Rand and Anthony Burgess -- called philosophical fiction.
Science fiction aims at presenting the sort-of "negative utopia." It shows all of the potential negative, often deadly, effects of our technology, thought processes, government systems, inventions, discoveries, etc...(you get the idea)
PHILOSOPHICAL fiction, on the other hand, can present the positive potential of increased discoveries and blah blah blah. It's the idealistic version, I suppose. And I'm an idealist. I'm honest to a fault, to the extent of just being beautifully blunt...but I'm still an idealist at heart. I want everything to be at its ideal state, and I think of ways that it could get there..as well as define what the ideal state is. And that's kind'a what my book is. Philosophical fiction is exploring a theory of the writer's invention by making the theory in a sense TRUE and applicable...through fiction.
So, anyway...I believe that there is immense power in the world spontaneously connecting in any way from any source. The moon is like a zenith for all human eyes to connect in awe at once, only it's limited because of the earth's structure and time zones and all that factual blasphemy. So..I thought of the world spontaneously connecting in one EMOTION, and I thought about what that emotion would be...and it came down to humor, only everyone would be laughing at something different. I think there's so much power in the entire human race feeling the joy of humor all at once. So I guess everyone would feel this slight "mental tingle." This air of brilliance. Our thoughts would all bind and unite into one human consciousness and we could finally fill in the gaps of one individual's thinking and creativity with that of another's, and so on and so fourth. Something like that. Honestly, the book's all in "Draft One: Pre-Thoughts" status, so it's all very uinclear to me write now. But I do the whole process backwards: I write, and then I figure out what I'm really trying to say and how it all makes sense and all that.
So it's The Singularity...in the best form imaginable; The human race actually functioning on an entirely mentally-progressive level.
The thing is, I don't write books to be taken to researchers for thorough examination (as I think Mary Shelly's writing style sembles): I write books to be interesting, and to entice the reader. Or just to play with their minds a whole lot. But that's...another ten-page rant about how I use the universal "You" to connect personally with every reader. (Paradox!)
Hope that makes some sense. :) If it doesn't, read it again and again until it does, and if you do that...I adore you. :)

Back