Grey's Anatomy Season 1

To help everyone out....................

Featured Artists on Grey's Anatomy

Pilot: A Hard Day's Night
Episode 2: The First Cut Is The Deepest

Pilot - A Hard Day's Night
Air date: March 27, 2005

Artist: Rilo Kiley
Song: "Portions For Foxes"
Label: Brute/Beaute

Artist: Bang Sugar Bang
Song: "Super Cool"
Label: Nicotine Records

Artist: Jem
Song: "They"
Label: Ato Records

Artist: O.A.O.T.S.
Song: "Dance"
Label: sounds like vinyl records

Artist: Vaughan Penn
Song: "Ready to Rise"
Label: (self-released)

Artist: Butterfly Boucher
Song: "Life is Short"
Label: A & M Records

Artist: Thirteen Senses
Song: "Into the Fire"
Label: Universal/Vertigo

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Episode 2 - The First Cut Is The Deepest
Air date: April 3, 2005

Artist: Tegan and Sara
Song: "You Wouldn't Like Me"
Label: Vapor Us

Artist: Ditty Bops
Song: "Sister Kate"
Label: Warner Bros.

Artist: The Cardigans
Song: "Live and Learn"
Label: Koch Records

Artist: Get Set Go
Song: "Wait"
Label: Tsr Records

Artist: Keane
Song: "Somewhere Only We Know"
Label: Interscope Records

The songs listed by CheebDragon are simply the songs from the actual episodes as listed on abc.com. I think that several of us are trying to find the theme song! SO....once again...does anyone know what it is? The only lyrics used during the opening credits are something like:

"Nobody knows where they might end up. Suppose you'll never know."

Greetings!

Looking for the song from "Grey's" that was played in the middle of the ep (10:30 P.M.).

Female pop vocal--Lillix, The Donnas or similar.

Should I just wait until it's posted on ABC?

Regards,
NM/FC

i posted the song list off the abc website to help the people who had questions about songs used in the show, because if you had read all of the posts you would have noticed that someone had already posted the artist and title for the song used in the commercial for the premiere of Grey's Anatomy. the song you are looking for is:
"SUCH GREAT HEIGHTS" BY POSTAL SERVICE

Here are all the songs from Grey's Anatomy 4/10 episode:

Episode 3 - Winning a Battle, Losing the War
Air date: April 10, 2005

Artist: The Ditty Bops
Song: "There's a Girl"

Artist: Tegan and Sara
Song: "I Won't Be Left"
Label: Vapor Us

Artist: The Ditty Bops
Song: "Wishful Thinking"

Artist: Reindeer Section
Song: "You Are My Joy"
Label: Pias America

Artist: Lisa Loeb
Song: "Fools Like Me"
Label: Zoe Records

Not trying to be difficult, but I do understand that they have posted the song used in commercials. I have been reading and actively participating in this post. We are looking for the theme song used in the opening credits which is not listed on the abc site nor is it the song used for the commercials (Such Great Heights).

Again....this posting was started to find the theme song for Grey's Anatomy.

The lyrics are:
Nobody knows where they might end up.
Nobody knows
Oh oh
suppose they'll
(or you'll) never know.

According to abc, the theme song is called "Cosy in the Rocket," and it is by Psapp.

However, I cannot find any information about this song anywhere.

:D Yay! Thanks so much for finding and posting the info on the theme song. I haven't found a link to a snippet of the song itself, but here is the link to the group's website. Their other songs sound a lot like the theme song.

And an album by Psapp at Amazon - doesn't include the song the poster above stated as the theme song, but you might like to take a listen!

Psapp on Amazon

Thanks again!

Yes...thanks so much for the song info (I see that abc.com added it to their site).

I have been googling Psapp and reading as much info as I can find. Apparantly, they indicated that they were going to use the song "Cozy in the Rocket" on NipTuck but ended up using a Psapp song called "In My Head". This is not the Grey's Anatomy Theme although some posters out there think the two songs are interchangable.

I will keep searching....but it seems we might be getting closer.
Monica

Does anyone know the song from Grey's Anatomy near the end of the episode, where it repeats "Where does the good go"?

I don't remember what scene it was in, but did anyone catch a song from what sounded like Interpol? Can you tell me what song it was (and who it was if it wasn't Interpol)? Sorry I can't give you any more specifics.

Sophist, I made a bet with myself that you'd be the one to answer. Thanks.

Psapp - Cozy in the Rocket

good luck getting the song though... its not on any of their albums... if you can find it please let me know !

Went out to the Psapp site and emailed them directly to ask if they can give us info about how and when we'll be able to acquire the song. (Hint: be sure to remove the "no spam" part from their email address!)

Disappointed that there are no music samples out there... I was hoping to hear something newer from them than the little bit that's out on Amazon. :(

Will let you know what I hear...if anything...on the "how" and "when" of the G.A. theme.

It really is a great song (and a great show, btw!). Thanks for finding the title.

I was about to go nuts with wondering and all the "maybe its this" "no, maybe its that" songs (that clearly were NOT the song we're all interested in here) only made the search that much more frustrating. Relief at last!

Back