FloodSmart.gov Flood Insurance

jjprodmast

Reaction score
There's this commercial airing for FloodSmart.gov where a house is sitting calmly before being overrun and demolished by floodwaters. There's this strong instrumental piece playing in the background--does anyone know what it is? Thanks in advance.

J

Did you find the ad on their site to watch? I looked around but didn't see anything... You might want to try emailing them and asking if they have any info on the music or the agency that produced the commercial.

I couldn't find it to watch anywhere online, and I did e-mail them today looking for an answer. But, as I've all too often learned, I may never get a response. So, y'know, better safe than uninformed. ;)

J

I just recently saw the commercial for Floodsmart. Loved the background music.
Does anyone know who this is ? Sounds sort of like opera to me.
I e-mailed the website for Floodsmart. If I get an answer, I will let those of you who also want to know who it is.

I wanted to let you guys know that I did e-mail the FEMA website contact address and got a response from some unknown entity. I was told that many people had inquired about the commercial and that the info would be sent to me if this person could find out who it was..
So if I get an answer, I will let you all know asap.

Thanks...

Thank you for your e-mail and I apologize for the delayed response.

The soloist is Elin Carlson and the piece is an original, inspired by "Chi il Bel Sogno di Doretta" by G. Puccini & G. Adami - 1917.
The orginal song was featured in the 1985 movie "A Room with a View."

The prime contractor for our Mitigation Division responsible for the spot is Ogilvy Public Relations. They may have used several subcontractors.

I hope this information is helpful.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Office of Public Affairs

So, it's an original piece, but BASED on a Puccini piece.

J

:( Does anyone know the name of the music playing in the background on the commercial for National Flood Insurance? You see a house standing - all of a sudden the flood comes and this dramatic music (sounds operatic) soars. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you.

What is the name of the opera in the flood commercial? In the commercial it's dark and there's lightning and all this water crashing over a house. It's also letterbox, with the website on the bottom right. Does anyone know??

The soloist is Elin Carlson and the piece is an original, inspired by "Chi il Bel Sogno di Doretta" by G. Puccini & G. Adami - 1917.
The orginal song was featured in the 1985 movie "A Room with a View."

Does anyone know the song that's being played during the FEMA Flood Insurance commercials for www.floodsmart.gov?

The commercial shows a family at home, sitting around going about their business, completely oblivious to a deluge of water flooding in to their home.

The music is very simple and I like it a lot. Actually, I saw that a local Mercedes-Benz dealership (Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach, if anyone is from Orange County like me) is using the exact same music to advertise their new S-class.

Thanks for your help!

Re: National Flood Insurance

I've merged the different threads about Flood Insurance commercials.

I believe this commercial has used different music over the years, and the most recent version can be heard here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQzYdy77VJE

Back