Chevrolet

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT SONG EVERYWHEREEEE!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Getting back to the ad in question from the very beginning of this particular thread ...

(To refresh: the ads for the whole Chevy car/truck lineup ... some versions pointed you to Edmunds.com "Head2Head" link ... kaleidoscopic effect with the vehicles [NOT the same as the Chevy HHR ad] ... music similar to but NOT the Scumfrog's "Music Revolution" ... male vocals ... lyrics "you do that thing to me" ...)

Phew! ...

OK ...

I've been hearing this song on the radio a lot lately that has a lot of similarity to this tune ...

Bear with me ... and don't laugh! ...

Pearl Jam - "World Wide Suicide" (this is the brand new song by them)

The grungy guitar riffs ... tell me that they don't sound similar to the music in the Chevy ad ...

I've checked lyrics websites ... the song doesn't have the line "you do that thing to me" ... but who's to say that maybe they used the Pearl Jam music only and grafted onto that some random bit of lyrics?

If you have heard this Pearl Jam song or if you're able to listen to it somewhere ...

Listen and decide for yourself ...

What do you think?

Any and all help/ideas/suggestions/thoughts are welcome!
Thanks! B)

Heard the Pearl Jam song yesterday in the car. Not even close. A lot of the songs mentioned in this thread have great sounds and rhythm, and they are wonderful to buy or download and add to a playlist. But they just are not the tune used in the Chevy ad that we are all hearing. I think the GM official response is still the best: they have had it made specifically for the ad.

Jet - "Get what you need" maby because if you say that it kindof sounds the same as the first phrase

Back