Chappelle's Show

machochico

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out the name of the song that plays in the background of some of the ads for Chappelle's Show on Comedy Central. Its basically just a funky beat and record scratches. I know they've used the track before in ads for other movies like Ice Age and Friday after Next, but lately its been in many of the Chappelle's Show ads (such as "You can find me on the Internet..."). Any ideas?

Thanks anyways, but the track isn't actually used in those movies (I think), but just in the TV ads for them, and I realize that was quite a long time ago, but its a track that sticks in my head every time I hear it. I think the song may even be public domain, but the name still eludes me.

doh... i misread that, thinking you said they were in the movie. my bad! :eek:

Here's all that is listed for Ice Age at Soundtrack.net:

"Ice Ice Baby" - Vanilla Ice
Glory (1989) - James Horner

Links go to available audio samples. From what you described, I doubt it's James Horner... Maybe it's Vanilla Ice -- but I imagine you would have recognized that one to begin with, but maybe not... :unsure:

nah, its neither of those songs, and I'm still lookin', but that soundtrack.net site is a great resource.

The recent ads for Chappelle's show that are airing this week (6/8 - 6/15) which feature the "keepin' it real" sketch have the tune I've been looking for, if people need to know what I'm talking about.

There is this OTHER comedy central ad that is similar to the summer one. It shows that there will be a new season of dave chappelle, reno 911...etc. Except this one has a really BASSY beat in the background, no words except for little exerpts from the tv shows they refer to...

I didn't see this posted, so hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

thank you! :D

Back