Celebrity voice-overs in commercials

Originally posted by Garand@Oct 11 2007, 08:28 AM
Wil Lyman - I believe he also does the recent Dos Equis Beer Most interesting man in the world commercials. Love Lyman voice on Frontline, NOVA, and other documentaries.
I love him too!!! :wub:

I registered here because of this thread, which I found from searching for exactly this sort of info., which is a longtime obsession. Will Lyman has been voice I've enjoyed for years on PBS and was surprised to see him in episode of Law & Order (one of the spin-offs), acting (not v/o).

Capital One ad-I thought the voice was Tom Arnold, though I read here that it could be Randy Quaid-which seems reasonable possibility as well. Anyone agree it could be Tom Arnold (or am I the only one to have made that guess) ?

Yesterday got confirmation that it is Steve Buscemi & Norm MacDonald as gingerbread men voices in AT&T ad, (I felt so validated !) but took longer than I anticipated finding a site that gave me the answer. Glad to have happened across this site/forum.

Matt Dillon for Cool Mint Zantac 150

Wanda Sykes for Applebee's

And I heard that above-mentioned AT&T commercial...

A vehicle commercial I have been seeing lately has a voiceover from either a British or Australian male actor. Seems like it is for an SUV. Does anyone know who it is?

Originally posted by Belfast@Dec 6 2007, 03:35 PM
Yesterday got confirmation that it is Steve Buscemi & Norm MacDonald as gingerbread men voices in AT&T ad, (I felt so validated !) but took longer than I anticipated finding a site that gave me the answer. Glad to have happened across this site/forum.

Most actors' voices are very recognizable to us since we hear them so often...such as Norm McDonald in the GoPhone ad. I just thought it was weird that the gingerbread son had a deeper voice than the father!

Has anyone else noticed this? In some cases a celebrity will provide the voice for an ad, but at some later time a celebrity voice impersonator is used in place of the actual celebrity. So far I've only noticed this for male voices. I guess it's cheaper to hire an impersonator than to pay for the real thing. As if we wouldn't notice!

Don't think I've seen a post yet about Robert Redford doing a few United Airlines commercials.

Anyone know who does the voiceover on the AIG ad with the belly laughing baby and mention about how laughter adds 8 years to your life? "Don't outlive your money..." TIA

"Nah, he got me, too. It's Steven Barr... check out his website; it's only this commercial where he changes his voice enough to sound like John G."

Thanks Cathoga, I was even thinking it might be Blake Clark from Home Improvements. Trying to find that voiceover brought me to this site. I will keep this site as a good resourse from now on. Excellent. :)

Originally posted by MoonZing@Dec 28 2007, 10:11 PM

Has anyone else noticed this? In some cases a celebrity will provide the voice for an ad, but at some later time a celebrity voice impersonator is used in place of the actual celebrity. So far I've only noticed this for male voices. I guess it's cheaper to hire an impersonator than to pay for the real thing. As if we wouldn't notice!
This is very noticeable with Lowes where sometimes its Gene Hackman and sometimes an impersonator.

Not Confirmed, but it sounds like Jeff Bridges on the Hyundai commercials.

Back