Celebrity voice-overs in commercials

Originally posted by ironictiming+May 27 2008, 07:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ironictiming @ May 27 2008, 07:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KannD86@Mar 26 2007, 07:16 PM
Here's one I need you guys' help with.  It's commercial for T-Mobile.  They're at a wedding.  One girl says to the other "do you know who's on your boyfriend's 5" and the girl says no, the other one says "well there's an old cougar chatting him up over there".  She says that's his mother and the other one says "oh... she's affectionate."  Both girls look familiar, but I'm sure the redhead is from something else.  She looks like a cross between Merideth Monroe and Alicia Witt.  The way she delivers the last line makes me think I've seen her in a comedy.  Anyone recognize her?
I know this response is way late to the question (and you might've already found it elsewhere) -- but the redhead who was in that T-Mobile commercial is Felicia Day.

Also, to answer another older one
The guy "in the middle" on the Wendy's commercial is someone.  I'm determined to figure it out.
That'd be Tom Lenk. :)

And, while I'm mentioning Buffy alum -- I would swear I've heard Sarah Michelle Gellar's voice on commercials for Quaker Snack Bars, but I'm not 100% positive. [/b][/quote]
OMG thank you so much! I thought I'd never find out. It's funny that they're both from Buffy. Something subconscious on my part must've been going on lol. Thank you again. :)

Abigail Spencer is the "oh blogging, I love blogging!" girl from the Twix commercial. I recognize her from a few guest spots she's done on TV, but apparently she had her own show and was on All My Children too.

Hey, why does it say "tvadictt" is the topic starter? I started this topic!

Anyway, I spotted someone else. On the commercial for Fiber One yogurt, the kid who says "she's had a whole day's worth already". He brought a gun to school on Joan of Arcadia and I've seen him in other things. Can't find his name right now though. I think everyone on that commercial has been in other things - I recognize them all! LoL.

Nate Torrence, most recently Lloyd in Get Smart, has done a ton of commercials. Volkswagon, Capital One, Enterprise (car rentals), Golden Grahams, and a bunch more I can't think of right now.

Kiefer Sutherland is doing the voiceover for Bank of America.

Originally posted by KannD86@Aug 12 2008, 10:37 PM
Hey, why does it say "tvaddict" is the topic starter? I started this topic!
admins prolly merged 2 threads together, and i suspect it is sorted by time stamp...thus making tvwhatever the earliest post, and heretoforth, the topic starter.

I'm pretty sure David Koechner is the voiceover behind the Ditech.com "People are Smart" ads. He was Champ Kind, the "Whammy" guy in Anchorman as well as many other crazy comedy films.

Who is the voiceover in Bank of America commercial.....sounds like it might be Keifer Sutherland???????

Originally posted by Patlabomb@Aug 15 2008, 10:18 AM
Who is the voiceover in Bank of America commercial.....sounds like it might be Keifer Sutherland???????
It's already mentioned a few messages back in this thread, but Keifer Sutherland was on the Late Show with David Letterman recently and said he was the voice of Bank of America in TV ads and talked about competing with his dad (Donald Sutherland) in the voice-over trade.

Kathleen Rose Perkins in a Zyrtec ad.

Jill Wagner in Mercury Milan ads.

I recognize random people lol.

Does anyone know who's doing the voiceover for the Lakeview Terrace commercials? I thought it might be Will Arnette, but I also thought I saw him. He's not even in the movie. So my eyes are playing tricks on me, are my ears?

I heard Norm Mcdonald and Steve Buchemi's voices used for gingerbread men in a commercial I don't remember what was being advertised.

I heard Jim (John Krazinski's) from NBC's The Office voice used in another commercial that I don't remember what it was for.

I heard Norm Mcdonald and Steve Buchemi's voices used for gingerbread men in a commercial I don't remember what was being advertised.

I heard Jim (John Krazinski's) from NBC's The Office voice used in another commercial that I don't remember what it was for.

The gingerbread one is an AT&T GoPhone commercial.

Who is the voice at the end of the drug-free america psa that has patsy and a dog.

He says 'Don't be a patsy...'.

Who does the voice over in the newest Honda CR-V commerical where all the storefronts are changing in the background. It's driving me crazy because the male voice sounds so familiar!!!:) It played after the most recent HIMYM episode on January 19th.

Honda has posted 76 videos on YouTube, and I can't find any that matches your description. Could you please clarify which commercial you are talking about, or at least which country? (I'm assuming/guessing that HIMYM refers to How I Met Your Mother...?)

P.S. Whenever those Honda Fit commercials say, "The Fit is GO," it makes me want to say, "The Fit is GONE."

P.P.S. Gilbert Gottfried is the voice of the AFLAC duck. :)

Hi,
I checked through youtube and didn't see it either.

It was played around 8:56 to 8:58 on Monday in the US (on EST).

The voice is also used to introduce these videos:
http://dreams.honda.com

The voice says "Honda presents a series of documentary films. Dream. The Impossible".

Good luck!
Matt

I swear up and down the Hamburger Helper glove is Chris Parnell too.

Zach Braff for PUR water filters.

Newer Mazda voice overs sounded like Patrick Dempsey. (That would also make sense since he raced in the Rolex 24 series and his car was a Mazda.)

Awhile ago I believe Ed Helms did the Sharp Aquos tv commercials, but I don't know now. This was probably over two years ago.

I saw Maria Lark on a Hallmark Commercial and BethAnn Bonner (One Life To Live) on a John Frieda Shampoo commercial. Basically, the only voices I'm noticing are ones that do a lot of voice-work. Nothing new.

Back