CBS line-up CSI, NCIS, and Cold Case

I am also searching for this tune! I had posted a question on this in the TV show music forum, but no luck so far. A co-worker of mine heard this song played on the radio yesterday afternoon, and he didn't know I was loking for it! He thinks it is the same as the song played in the ad for the 11/6 episode of NCIS, but he didn't pay attention to the name. Darn!!!!

Okay, I as well saw the CBS promo for NCIS and was intrigued by the haunting vocals. After reading the forum posts I sent an email to the people at This Living World inquiring about the song and this is the message they sent back:

"Thanks for your query. There are various music selections on our PSA's. However, we
have had many people ask about the Celtic music. I expect this is the one you are
referring to. It is part of a stock library originally from England. To the best of
my knowledge is has not been released commercially."

So that at least puts an end to the production music debate. Now all we must do is hunt through every English stock library online in hopes that someday we may find this amazing piece.

There's a discussion going on at DaemonsTV about this same song, the moderator there is also trying to find the song info :( . It was suggested to me that the song was Celtic Mist, but listening to clips of this song on Imeem.com proves to me that it is NOT Celtic Mist. The closest version I heard to this song is Loreena McKennitt's "Incantation" on her "The Ancient Muse' CD which you can hear a clip on her website. It's very similar so I am wondering if it's her singing this. By the way: there is another preview of the NCIS commercial for this Nov6 'Requiem" show, but if watch the video you'll notice it's a French version with French subtitles. The music in that is more operatic-it's a higher pitched singer; it's NOT the one that I think we're all looking for. There is a thread of the one we're all looking for here on AdTunes.com altho I'm not sure the title. Someone emailed me the thread, but it's on AdTunes.com.

Originally posted by khakkepants2@Nov 10 2007, 07:30 PM
The closest version I heard to this song is Loreena McKennitt's "Incantation" on her "The Ancient Muse' CD which you can hear a clip on her website. It's very similar so I am wondering if it's her singing this.
The song is about 10 years old, so it's not from Loreena's "Ancient Muse", although she would be a good choice for the vocals...I do think it's Moira Brennan though.

And in the post prior to yours, the question is "answered" in that the song is stock music.

As for the other song, I don't think anyone has answered that either (the more operatic one). <_<

This may not mean anything, but being that Loreena McKennitt is from Canada, I wonder if she was the one who did the recording for the Canadian Travel video? Don't know when that was made. Just a thought. I'm not familiar with Moira Brennan, will look into that as well.

Back