CAR HELP! I'll be your best friend!

dascoot

expat
Reaction score
AUGHHHH!!!!1 :!@#$:

Is anyone familiar with car door locking mechanisms? My dogs got their leashes caught in that notch where the mechanism is and did something, I couldn't figure out what, but made it so the door wouldn't shut. So I reached across and unlocked the passenger door so I could look at ITS mechanism and get an idea of what was wrong with the driver's side.

And in that little square notch in the door there is a hook-type thing that flicks down when the door locks and flicks back up when you unlock it. So I was poking at the hook-type thing and flipped it down, then I couldn't flip it back up! So now NEITHER door will shut! AND THEN THE DOG GOT OUT AND I HAD TO CHASE HIM AROUND THE PARKING LOT!!

I can't find the stupid yellow book that we use to fix the stupid car so can someone please tell me if there's a release somewhere?

From this page:

Question: 1992 Chevrolet Lumina z34 v6 mileage: 18000. I can't get the doors closed on my car......I know I accidentally "flipped" something on the side of the doors when I was washing/cleaning it. Can you tell me or show me how to remedy this? I know it sounds stupid...but... THANKS

Answer: Try “opening” the door with the outside handle. That should release the latch.

Awww thanks for researching that for me! I actually already tried that though. :( That and I tried the inside handle, tried locking and unlocking from the inside and with the key from the outside. :cry:

My hubby says to lift the handle up and while keeping it up to put a screwdriver or something in there and just pop that latch back up. You may try having your hasband do that while you hold the handle up for him.

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Sep 18 2005, 11:01 PM
My hubby says to lift the handle up and while keeping it up to put a screwdriver or something in there and just pop that latch back up. You may try having your hasband do that while you hold the handle up for him.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was SO hot!

What doesn't? :lol:

I was told you need a new door, well new doors. :(

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Sep 18 2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks so much for looking into this Leone and Rhonda. :wub:

I'll try this ^ when he gets home.. stupid thing, maybe I'll luck out and someone'll steal it. <_<

:lol: Everyday I tell my mom I hope someone hits me, so I can not only get a new car.. but to put it out of its misery

If it makes you feel better my husband is a mechanic and says that if for some reason you guys can't get it to work just take it to a mechanic's shop and they will have you fixed up in like 5 seconds. ;)

Brazilllllll la la la la la la laaaaaaaa la la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaa ^_^

It worked!! *dances* Give your husband a hug for me!! *dances some more*

Back