BP British Petroleum "Say Hey"

OBimmerWan

Reaction score
There is this song from a bp commercial that goes something like this:

"Say hey. Make the day, a little better.
Make the way, a little better. Say hey.
Say hey, a little better.
It's the place where I want to be...
Say hey [then whistling]...say hey."

It's an animated commercial with these kids in the car singing "say hey" as the car they're in pulls up into a bp gas station.

Towards the end, the slogan appears: "gas stations, a little better, baby"

The song is sung by a male with the kids saying "say hey" every so often.

Catchy tune. Please tell me the artist and title of the song.

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone seen the cartoonish ad where there are about 4 babies in a car, one is driving it.
They need gas, and they pass 2 gas stations before they see BP and stop. Something or other about BP being more environmentally friendly...

The song has a male singer. I searched the forum first but couldn't find anything.

I want to know what this song is also. Its a very happy-go-lucky song. I know whistling is included also.

does anyone know the song form the BP gas commerical. It has a bunch of cartoon kids driving around in a car looking for gas and singing "hey" or something like that. I have only seen the commerical once so I don't think its that popular. Please help!

I searched for the music on the new "A Little Better" BP commercials and ended up @ adtunes first. Then, I continued my search and discovered that they actually made a website for their new advertising campaign. And not only that, I'll do you one better - they have songs of different varieties (babies, whistling, etc.) available FOR FREE as ringtones. How sweet is that. I'm waking up to whistling in the morning.

And, before I forget, the link:

List of MP3s and Ringtones for FREE from BP

Before you download mp3's or request ringtones, visit this page to see a flash player that lets you preview all of them:

A Little Better Gas Station

The commercials just make my day. I just can't seem to fast forward through one on my DVR.

Enjoy!

Does anyone know the name of the song featured in the new commercials for BP gas?

The one commercial I keep seeing features cartoon babies driving down the road looking for 'good BP gas'. The music keeps repeating "Say Hey" and "Make it a little better".

I can't get it out of my head. :whistle: Is this a real song or a jingle made just for the commercials?

I did a search on the boards and found nothing for BP. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

As a person who loves music, and I'm sure many of you will agree, it drives me CRAZY when there is a commercial with an unbelievable song or even an instrumental piece and you find out that it was "only made for the ad." There's just been so many of these ads that we will never hear complete music to because an ad company won't release it. I know they have their reasons and money and all that blah, blah... But I think that if they did release a full song and put it up on, let's say, iTunes, it would sell enough downloads to make that money back (I think, I could be wrong).
Anyway, just venting at yet another song I'll never listen to fully in my car... :(

Well they would have to go back and write a whole song first. They rarely if ever write more than the little snippet that you hear in the ad.

hey guys, i hope i am not too late and that you guys are still interested in this song.
The orginal song is called "LA" and its by Message of the Blues
you can listen to it on their myspace http://www.myspace.com/messageoftheblues
the words are different because they were hired to use different lyrics for the commercial. hope this helps
-nismo

hot damn nice find!!!

i have to agree with the above comment, advertisers either need to go back to crappy jingles, or let the public by the music we're enjoying!!!

damn these advertisers and their rap music! or somethin...

:lol:

Anyone know the name of the song in the BP commercial, the one with the cartoons?

The song has some words in it like "Make the day, a little better" and "Say hey."

Thanks.

Originally posted by nismobri@Apr 25 2007, 06:41 PM
hey guys, i hope i am not too late and that you guys are still interested in this song.
The orginal song is called "LA" and its by Message of the Blues
you can listen to it on their myspace http://www.myspace.com/messageoftheblues
the words are different because they were hired to use different lyrics for the commercial. hope this helps
-nismo
I definitely prefer the cute lyrics from the BP ad itself. I think the orginal is quite mediocre. Wouldn't listen to it if it were the last song on Earth! :angry:

Anyone know of where to get the ad's version??? :unsure:

Anybody know the song in there? It goes something like...

"You make the day...a little better (SAY HEY!)"

Thanks in advance.

Hi... i was wondering if anyone knew which song plays in the BP gas commercial. I think it might not be a real song but I'd thought i'd try. If you dont know what i'm talking about... it's here.. www.alittlebettergasstation.com Thanks in advance ;)

:angry:
Originally posted by PennyLane@Jul 10 2007, 02:59 PM
Hi... i was wondering if anyone knew which song plays in the BP gas commercial. I think it might not be a real song but I'd thought i'd try. If you dont know what i'm talking about... it's here.. www.alittlebettergasstation.com Thanks in advance ;)
whoa... i made a seperate topic post thingys for that before this topic post things.... i think it's not fair that mine got moved.... so that's probably why there are alot of ppl asking even after we said who it's by... probably because they made a topic thing for it and it just got moved here. :angry: :angry:

Is it just me, or does the music in the BP commercials sound OK Go-ish? XD I was convinced it was sung by them.

Back