Best commercial ad song?

Originally posted by kad-_-archie@Dec 1 2006, 08:57 AM
mad world-gary jules.. song from gears of war.
That's not the damn song from gears of war, mad world by gary jules was made SPECIFICALLY for Donnie Darko, the asses from gears of war just stole it, it doesn't synch up with the commercial for the crappy game at all..

I love the song that is played on i think a nissan comercial. It starts with a guy testing cars and changing gears on the gear shift to make a song. then a guitar starts playing the song. dont know the name but think its a real song

Easiest question ever! I would have to say for me, "say something new" by the concretes on 2 diffrent Target commercials. Simply amazing.

There are many I don't know, but of those I do:

"Monserrat"- Bajo Fondo Tango Club- from the Kahlua, "everyday exotic" ad (what got me interested in commercial music)

"One Million Miles Away"- J. Ralph- from "The Big Day"- Volkswagen Jetta (flipping amazing!)

"Over the Rainbow"- Israel Kamakawiwo`ole- from a Rice Krispies commercial

"Pink Moon"- Nick Drake- from "Pink Moon"- Volkswagen Cabrio (I can't believe no one has mentioned this one. Talk about a fine advertisement. It makes me want to watch commercials instead of mute them in the off chance that there will be another like it).

The song from the Nissan ad with the tester shifting the gears is called "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple. :)

I'll second "Pink Moon" and raise you a "Beautiful Nature" by Findley Quaye from the newest Nature's Own commercials.

Originally posted by NeedsMusic@Mar 9 2007, 01:01 PM
I'll second "Pink Moon" and raise you a "Beautiful Nature" by Findley Quaye from the newest Nature's Own commercials.
Cripes, Beautiful Nature, this song rox! I never ever heard this tune until now. Thanks a million, NeedsMusic, Rob.

Originally posted by bigmisterc@Mar 10 2007, 05:35 PM
''Sun's Gonna Rise'' by Citizen Cope and ''Club Foot'' by Kasabian.
Holy Snikey, chalk up another one! Club Foot by Kasabian, thanks bigmisterc, that jingle kix. Thanks Rob.

I have four:

"Believer" - Rogue Traders: New Old Navy commercial

"We Gotta Get Outta This Place" - The Animals: Really old Honda commercial

"Smile" - The Supernaturals: Really old commercial for SMILE Internet Bank

"Turning Japanese" - The Vapours: Dr. Pepper commercial (they changed the lyrics)

I would have to say...

Little Fluffy Clouds - The Orb

The Staunton Lick - Lemonjelly

And the song that brought me here many moons ago:

Get A Move On - Mr Scruff

Good stuff, keep this post going.

Originally posted by Riverrat6point7@Mar 11 2007, 01:51 AM
I would have to say...

Little Fluffy Clouds? NO FREAKIN' WAY! I thought I was the only person in the world that loves this song by "The Orb". I had never even heard of Lemon Jelly until now. I love Electronic Music and this tune wails. Many thanks, Riverrat6point7, Rob.

Originally posted by convictedmarine6@Mar 7 2007, 08:05 PM
I love the song that is played on i think a nissan comercial. It starts with a guy testing cars and changing gears on the gear shift to make a song. then a guitar starts playing the song. dont know the name but think its a real song
Ya i know the commercial...the song is "smoke on the water" by deep purple

Originally posted by nitbob3+Mar 11 2007, 01:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nitbob3 @ Mar 11 2007, 01:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Riverrat6point7@Mar 11 2007, 01:51 AM
I would have to say...

Little Fluffy Clouds? NO FREAKIN' WAY! I thought I was the only person in the world that loves this song by "The Orb". I had never even heard of Lemon Jelly until now. I love Electronic Music and this tune wails. Many thanks, Riverrat6point7, Rob. [/b][/quote]
LOL , hell i chopped up the beginning part of the song (where the music first starts) and use it as one of my cell ringtones

First song I wanted from a commercial - "Hands In My Pockets" by Jim Guthrie (CapitalOne).

Songs that made my girlfriend and I create a "Commercial" various -
"Mad World" - Gary Jules (Gears of War)
"Why Can't I Touch It" - Buzzcocks (Nissan X-Trail)
"Gangster Of Love" - Johnny Guitar Watson (Axe)
"Music To Watch Girls By" - Andy Williams (Samsung CamPhone)

Song that we still can't find - daughter dances on fathers feet, from a laundry detergent ad, apparently made for the ad only and not available.

My coolest song heard - "Can't Get Enough" - Infadels (Pontiac G5).

Originally posted by nitbob3+Mar 12 2007, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nitbob3 @ Mar 12 2007, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by letsgonuclear@Mar 12 2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by nitbob3@Mar 11 2007, 01:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Riverrat6point7
@Mar 11 2007, 01:51 AM
I would have to say...

Little Fluffy Clouds? NO FREAKIN' WAY! I thought I was the only person in the world that loves this song by "The Orb". I had never even heard of Lemon Jelly until now. I love Electronic Music and this tune wails. Many thanks, Riverrat6point7, Rob.

LOL , hell i chopped up the beginning part of the song (where the music first starts) and use it as one of my cell ringtones
PM or email me if you want.

Which cell phone carrier do you have and how did you do that? I would love to be able to do this on my new Verizon Phone. Rob [/b][/quote]
My carrier is Rogers and my cell phone is a Motorola SLVR L7. The L7 just plugs right into my USB so all i have to do is drag and drop the chopped up songs to my phone's audio file.

"Ready to Go" (US Mix) by Republica used by Mitsubishi for last generation Galant in US.

"Don't Save Us From the Flames" by M83 used in Pontiac commercials

"Struggle" by Ringside used by Pontiac

"One Million Miles Away" by J.Ralph (who I wish had more music) in VW Jetta 1.8T commercial (the wedding one)

Back