Allstate

Psst... I received a secret email tip that suggested I check to see if they will release the name of the ad agency that did the commercial. Apparently, some groups prefer not to have their names disclosed when preforming commercial music.

Also, it was suggested that the group sounds like Better Than Ezra. I personally can't remember what they sound like but does that sound possible to anyone else?

Here's a clip of what I was advised.

their second album, "Friction, Baby" has music quite similar to the Allstate commercial with tunes like, "Scared Are You" and "WWOZ"

Thanks for the info! ;) I'm sending another email to allstate now requesting the ad agency they may have used.

Hey everyone,

Long time user of this site, but never felt the need to register or participate until now.

Did a little digging regarding the ad agency responsible for the allstate commercial. The commercial is part of allstate's "Our Stand" campaign. The specific commercial containing the song we all want is simply called "Line". The ad agency who created it is Leo Burnett USA (located in Chicago).

I e-mailed them three weeks ago, but they never responded. Maybe we could all redirect our efforts towards them.

Good Luck!

sounds good but i still cant find the song i tried looking for "line" but i dont know whos it by artist wise. i need something more specific.

The name of the commercial is "Line". I have no idea about the song itself. Sorry about the confusion.

You can reach the ad agency that produced the commercial at www.leoburnett.com.

They still haven't replied to the e-mails I've already sent.

It's pretty frustrating.

I'm a composer in Chicago and I've written a few pieces of music for Allstate in the past (the last one was two days ago). Typically, Leo Burnett and Allstate use original music composed specifically for each individual commercial. This one, however, does sound like it was pulled from a band, not original.

Since there's so much interest in this, I will ask the ad folks involved and see what info they'd be willing to offer to the public. Being Friday, I'd be surprised to get a response before Monday.

Message sent... I may not get a complete answer since the song could have been written by a competitor, which might make them shy about telling me. Regardless, when I get a reply I'll respond here.

I got a response this morning...

The music is, in fact, original - composed for that commercial specifically by a music house in NY. I was fooled, too. It sounded like a song.

Thank you so much for the information!!

Too bad it was made just for the commercial. :(

Well, the only other alternative would be to keep trying to contact all-state but I'm sure elambo's information is probably correct.

:cry: i just saw another allstate commercial that seems like an extension to the one were talking about. it used that same song but different narrating. think our forum contributed to this extensive commercial.

I had a question. I was woundering if someone could ask the ad agency if they would make a full version of the song and then relese it on a t.v commerical cd. This is because I think that it would be pretty cool.

has anyone found out yet what this song is? i'm looking for it too.. and i'm almost positive i've heard it before, it sounds 60'sish.. i've looked on yahoo and all over and i still can't find it.

Originally posted by elambo@Mar 12 2005, 10:53 AM
I got a response this morning...

The music is, in fact, original - composed for that commercial specifically by a music house in NY. I was fooled, too. It sounded like a song.
This was from an earlier reply.

Back