2009 Pontiac Vibe

karmacoma7

Reaction score
i'm new here, so i'm sorry if i'm doing this wrong. i'm looking to know what song was playing in this car commercial i've seen this past week. there's this guy sitting in a orange sedan like car, and he's wet/smiling. he gets out of the car, and there's this check box that says "kiss her in the rain" to which he checks and goes inside his home if i recall correctly. i'm pretty sure it was for a domestic car at any rate. can anybody name that song? thanks!!

I came in search of this as well. I suspect it is music created for the ad campaign, but hopefully I will be pleasently surprised.

The ad campaign is the one with people checking off larger than life "to-do lists". One of them features a woman checking off a "Ski and surf in the same day" one, but the music I am looking for is from the ad with the young man who checks off "Kiss her in the rain."

By the way, from a marketing perspective, I love these ads. Very memorable. I've probably only seen each twice.

you know what, i only saw the commercial once so i really can't say:( sorry!

I think it's for Pontiac Vibe, but that's just a vague memory.

There are a series of these commercials - the other one I've seen is a girl drives down to the beach and checks off "snowboard and surf in the same day" (or something like that).

Don't remember the song at all...will keep watching for it.

And, yes I'm Canadian at least...it may be Canada specific??

Lyrics:

yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah
come on come on outside
it's beautiful tonight

Nada on a google search...

Ok so the video is a guy driving in a Vibe and then pulls over to a floating check list thing that says "Kiss her in the rain", he checks it, gets back in the car, and drives off.
The lyrics:
Yeah eah eah eah,
Come on come on outside,
It's beautiful tonight.

It's a really catchy tune, the song is must be really underground 'cause so far no one has been able to identify it....please help! Thanks in advance.

Ok so i saw the ad tonight on tv and it immediately sounded very familiar to me. I am in Canada but am a New Zealander and the band sounded almost exactly like a NZ band called 'Eight'. 99% sure its them. If you like the music try buying the album 'Moving', very good!

Originally posted by houseofpayne@Sep 6 2008, 03:13 AM
Ok so i saw the ad tonight on tv and it immediately sounded very familiar to me. I am in Canada but am a New Zealander and the band sounded almost exactly like a NZ band called 'Eight'. 99% sure its them. If you like the music try buying the album 'Moving', very good!
This them then?

http://www.eight.co.nz/musicframe.html

;)

sure is. They did quite a bit of stuff and had a lottle success in the US. They broke up in 2005 but the lead singer released a solo album back in april. Did a bit more digging on NZ websites but no luck. Listen to some stuff of thiers yourself and let me know what you think

When I heard this I immediately thought it was a young woman named Maren Ord.

The commercials Canadian and so is she (coincidence?)

Anyway yes. I'm 99.9% thats Maren Ords voice

Back