Pontiac

Reaction score
What song is playing in the new Pontiac Commercial? The first (and only) time I've seen the commercial was during the Orange Bowl (VA Tech vs Kansas). Matt Dillon narrated. It starts out with Dillon saying "you hear a car, and what comes to mind?". From there, the commercial shows a California ID as Dillon says "a car is the reason you got your license in the first place" and then goes on to say "it makes a kid pick up a crayon" and then you see a kid drawing on the TV screen with crayons.

This is by far one of the best songs I've ever heard in a commercial. CAN SOMEONE HELP???

It's not digitalism - I already bought that song from itunes. No, this is a brand new commercial - I just saw it last night for the first time. It's not specifically for one Pontiac - they talk about 3 different cars (I know nothing about Pontiac). It's kind of a slow indie techno sound. I really don't know how to describe other than I don't remember hearing any words.

I've already checked youtube and it's not up and it's not on the Pontiac website. That was the first place I checked. I googled it but since it's not talking about a specific car, it's hard to nail down that specific commercial.

I know I can't be the only one out there that heard this song. Someone help!!!

Shawn, I'm about a week ahead of you on this, buddy.

Not only is the song in this new Pontiac ad awesome, but the ad itself is phenomenal. For those that don't know what ad Shawn and I are talking about, it's the newest ad for the "Pontiac is Car" ad campaign. It starts out with Matt Dillon asking if a "car can be more than just steel, rubber, and glass?" and goes on to show what Shawn earlier described. The ad features two of Pontiac's recent cars and shows something that's "coming this summer" (of 2008). Again, awesome ad with a great soundtrack.

Shawn, I can't find it either. I first saw it about a week ago during a football game too. I've checked everywhere like you and have googled the crap out of it everyday trying to find the song. Everything thinks it's the Pogo remix, but it isn't. Yes, it's LIKE the Pogo song in that its upbeat and electronic, but it's definitely a different tune. Shawn, if I can find out what the song is, I'll certainly come back here and provide the answer!

GOT IT! I really like this song..........The people at Pontiac know good music.

Artist: Ulrich Schnauss
Song: On My Own
Album: A Strangely Isolated Place

Check it out:

Back