Travel Channel "Be A ..."

Just saw the commercial again. Even though that Jay Candiotti clip is close, I still really want to know what it exactly is. Some people have tried on the Travel Channel webboard, but to know luck.

I scoured the Discovery channel forum to no avail. I also dropped another e-mail to the Travel channel MKT department; hopefully they will answer this one. I am literally pulling my hair out over this situation. The reasoning behind my madness is that the song totally "rocks", and the fact that not one person on the internet has found any solid information on where this song came from. Oh yeah, I also contacted the one guy, Jay Condiotti* via myspace and he DID NOT produce or write the song even though "hotplay" is virtually the same song. If this mystery is not solved soon, I plan on "BEing A" asshole and conjuring one of those online petitions and personally delivering it to the CEO of the travel Channel. WHOSE COMING WITH ME!?!?!?

Online petitions are compleatly fake. They dont mean a thing because they are just some names types on it, not signatures. And they use the email addresses for spam. AND they aren't acceptable to Congress (I know we dont need congress, just proving my point...)

yo. sorry, folks. still no answer. :( sent an email to the appropriate people in the Travel promos dept. but never got a response from them. argh!
i'm fairly certain that its a commissioned piece, where discovery/travel paid an artist or group to produce something especially for that promo. discovery commissions music all the time...and subsequently owns the music they pay to have produced. unless discovery decides to sell the track on iTunes or give it away, you probably won't be hearing that music anywhere else.
which is unfortunate, 'cuz I'd pay a buck for that rockin' tune. :)

I think id pay a bit more than a buck if thats what it takes. Maybe 5. :D

I'd give my first born to have a 3 minute studio version...I'd give up my house, wife, dogs, and two kids for an extended 20 minute, live, heady jam session of the song, with travel clips playing throughout..and anthony bourdain on lead guitar

Ugh... this is annoying!

They need to release this song or something, I keep having to visit the Ad Agencies website to look at the commercial.

We need to find it somehow!

I'd give my first born to have a 3 minute studio version...I'd give up my house, wife, dogs, and two kids for an extended 20 minute, live, heady jam session of the song, with travel clips playing throughout..and anthony bourdain on lead guitar

I am sure your wife would be pleased to know that!

Originally posted by agentzx3@Jan 1 2007, 07:37 PM
Someone finally posted the right answer on one of the YouTube threads. (Credit to jduble45 at www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGuvuy7FaR4)
I thought it seemed closer to the person who said it was Shiny Toy Guns - Starts With One, but still not quite, unles of course you sped up the song a bit and lost all the lyrics.

I think Jay Condiotti is much closer, especially with Hotplay and Alternative Minds.

Ugh... I wish the Ad Agency put the composer or the music studio used on their website but noooo thats too much to ask... ugh as long as they keep the commercial under their portfolio I'll be semi-happy.

thanks for the love, Nixer...I believe I have found the logic/reasoning as to why The Travel Channel/Discovery Network will not realease the song artitst/credits...because it is stolen!! They stole the song from someone i.e Jay Candiotti and/or other rando group and thus they feel that in order to save face and potential lawsuit, they ignore our cries and pleas....Or this literally could be some elaborate viral marketing campaign where they decided to produce "the greatest flipping song ever", plaster it throughout their commercials, and then have us talk about it on internet forums...I am out of ideas...I am starting to question my own sanity...Get this: I looped the one minute version on my ipod throughout my whole workout, which was 43 minutes long....43 flipping minutes...I am no Einstein, but I believe that might be 43 times (someone please verify my math!)!! 43 times...in a row!!! and I am still not sick of it either!! I wants MORE! MORE! MOOOOORE!

I was so sure Jay did it when I first heard Hotplay and Alternative Mind which is why I suggested him as composer so I was shocked when I heard he was not.

And looping it? That's insane... though I guess I am insane too, I look at the commercial at least 10 times a day and was considering programming something to automatically connect to the Ad Agencies' website and play the video for me at a set time.

:unsure: I have problems... yes *Hangs Head In Shame*

this truly is one of life's greatest mysteries...I will finally reach my telos when I find "the grail"

If it were stolen then we would have heard of a lawsuit on a news website on our searches. The Discovery Network had to have bought the rights for everything.

I think I got it!!..well, sort of...actually, not really, but sort of...enough rambling...On the travel channel website, they have the commercial posted..(awesome, high quality)..the name of the video is "Travel Channel: anthem." This feels like a tie...feels like kissing my sister

... Umm the video has been available on the Ad Agency's website for some time now and there was a high quality version uploaded to Google.

It still doesn't help us find the song or the composer.

Can I kiss your sister too?

Originally posted by niXer@Feb 23 2007, 01:15 AM
... Umm the video has been available on the Ad Agency's website for some time now and there was a high quality version uploaded to Google.

It still doesn't help us find the song or the composer.

Can I kiss your sister too?
Just curious nixer, but why do you refer to them (Travel Channel) as the Ad Agency? You have done this a few times. Am I the only one that did not know what you meant? I thought that the travel channel commisioned the commercial through a seperate company and that they did not make the commercial internally. I don't see how the Travel Channel could be called the Ad Agency. Am I wrong somehow?

Back