Target Brave New Dorm

Originally posted by killrockstars@Jul 21 2007, 07:28 PM
The bastards are lieing...That is a BAND, not studio musicians. Digg more guys! Doing great!
dang. they may be right. I now seem to remember another Target ad from a few years ago and really loving the song. It sounded so much like a real band, but alas no full version of the song actually existed. (I think they hired someone that was in some band to write the tune so it had that natural feel).

If I recall last summer during the "Flash On" campaigne at Target they hired Jessy Moss to sing a song for the add.

They teamed her up with some people called The Elements....the tune was popular so they put out a full version of the song that one could get from her web site. If we can find out the people who made the song and we have enough of us who would like to hear a full version, then perhaps they will create one for us....just a thought!

@ slipkid123 ...

Actually, you are talking about the "Fash On" ad campaign for Old Navy ...

B)

Originally posted by DJEiffelT@Jul 25 2007, 01:28 PM
@ slipkid123 ...

Actually, you are talking about the "Fash On" ad campaign for Old Navy ...

B)
Oh yes, you're right! Of course....

but at least this is an example of an agency that does this sort of music!

I'd like to pass along what I've been trying here in my search for that song.

I watch the channel it was last seen on and tape it at the same time. While watching it, I turn on the closed captions on my tv to get the lyrics and use those in a Google search.

Sometimes, the captions will even listed the band's name, but that's usually reserved for really popular bands, like The Rolling Stones.

Edit to add: Darn. I just read above that the song was commissioned by Target and not for sale.

Might as well take that green check off the topic. :(

Ok, so I wrote to Andrea Revel and here is her responce...

Hi Jimmie,

Yes, I did write the song for the Brave New Dorm commercial, it's called 'Right
Before My Eyes'. At this point it's not available anywhere, but hopefully will
be soon.

Thanks so much for your kind words and for purchasing 'Mile 0', I also have a
newer album called 'Citysong'and I'm in the process of recording a brand new
album (most songs inspired by my electric guitar like "Right Before My Eyes").

best,
Andrea

Andrea Revel did "Clap! Shake! Jump!" for an Old Navy ad years ago, and she promised a full version would be made available, but it never was. So now it looks like she has done it (or should I say, not done it) again. No offense, but the music by Andrea Revel that IS available for purchase is... awful.

it's a new commercial where people are moving some furniture into a room....................

liked the song, don't know the lyrics

Does anyone know the song on the new Target ad with the college students and all the college accessories? The lyrics are either "there before my eyes" or "gone before my eyes" and sounds like Stereolab. I can't figure it out! Thanks!

If you're talking about the ad with the lyrics "right before my eyes", multiple sources indicate the song is performed by Andrea Revel. Additionally, the info states the song was commissioned exclusively for Target and is not available to the public. Note: I'm not aware of Target choosing this route as indicated by the numerous "public" songs used in their various ads. Oh well, ......

Back