Spider-Man 2

oh yes, the one that was stolen from "Requiem for a Dream" by the Lord of the Rings (no hostility here). Very cool song, however not the same one on the spiderman trailer. too bad, it seems unreachable that one. oh well, does anyone have any other choral songs that are dramatic and feisty that those two? That genre is so awesome.

From Mozarts Requiem in D minor-the movements Dies Irae and Kyrie are kinda fiesty I guess. Heh heh fiesty :p Confutatis starts out that way. The whole Mass is excellent actually but let me know if those 3 are what you talking about. If so I'll go through my library and dig up some more. ;)

Check out Hostias too. From the same Mass. It's.......fiesty in places. Shakeshead :lol:

My favorites are....

Ebla-ES Posthumus
Pompeii-ES Posthumus
Tawara-James Newton Howard
Escape-Craig Armstrong
Hanging-Craig Armstrong
Requiem for a Dream-Clint Mansell
O Fortuna - Carl Orff (HAHA overused)
O Verona-Craig Armstrong

Just to name a few.

Also, that Gothic Power thing from LOTR trailer sound an AWFUL lot like a part of the choral version of the Alexander Borodin dances.

On KaZaa you can fill in: Trailer Music and now I have the song! :D :D :D :D So you can try! (Spiderman 2 trailer)

aahhhh!! excellent exellent. thanks guys. :) Kyrei is awesome. All those songs are great actually...well the ones i could get anyway. I couldn't get tawara (howard) or hanging by armstrong, but i'm working on em (i use kazaa and soul search, so if anyone knows a better one than those two...?)

O verona is awesome but is there a version out there without the dialogue or ambient noice (airplanes, car crashes etc.)

haha! so you like the word feisty? i'm guessing you're thinking of the sexual connotation attached to the word but here's some useless trivia: the word feisty is connected to the word fysten which means 'to break wind'! LOL don't worry though, i wasn't asking you guys for music that is fartish

Try using Buy.com, I-tunes, or even Wal-mart. Less than a buck a song. ;)

Originally posted by givemfitz@Apr 12 2004, 10:21 PM
"Lacrimosa" is from Mozarts "Requiem in D minor" but I'm not sure if it's the same. http://www.immediatemusic.com/html/body_news.cfm is the only reference I could find but without a listen I can't be sure. It reads like it's the same to me though. *shrugs*
Ok so I'm going through my library for somethingfishy as promised......and I see something I've never noticed. Vertually ALL requiem masses have the same names for their movements no matter who the composer. Like Lacrimosa, Kyrie, Dies Irae, etc. Stands to reason since they're all basically funeral music for a Catholic Mass.
Anyway I bring it up because I made a BIG DEAL about Immediate Music using the title Lacrimosa for a peice of theirs. Seems it's a perfectly OK thing to do all things considered. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sorry Michelle :wub: I'm off to brush up on my LATIN ^_^

Haven't found anything in the classics that I consider close to Mozart yet Somethingfishy. Except for maybe Verdi but he's way too into the kettle drums for my taste. ;)

Haha, Verdi was a little into those banging drums...but his Requiem Mass is still pretty good, the Dies Irae especially. I seem to remember it being in a car commercial, something about everyday adventures, with this guy diving to save this vase thing from falling out of the car in slow motion.

Anyway.... yeah. Lacrymosa means "tearful" and is just one of the components (Prayers) of the Requiem, just like there are many settings of "The Lord's Prayer" and "Sanctus Benedictus", which are just prayer names that can be set to infinite musical settings.

:eek: oh my gosh you're right. i guess original titles for pieces weren't big in mozarts day. doh, how inconvenient. at least i learnt some latin today.

*curious ponder*: do all you guys live in America?

(Link Deleted. See Forum Rules.)

Enjoy the small sample, something is better than nothing

B)

hey guys since this forum isnt really mp3 tolerant i can upload some good versions of trailer music to MY site ( like gothic power the real good quality version, or a edited and long lacrimosa, and pompeii etc etc just gimme the word and i will put a link to my site here ) but i dunno if the admin will aprove such a link :/

** update ***

also got kill bill, Matrix revolutions, Last Samurai, these are all GOOD Quality versions

greets

Nem.

Originally posted by Nemesis@May 25 2004, 01:56 PM
but i dunno if the admin will aprove such a link :/
You're right, we wouldn't approve of that. We don't allow public messages trading music, files, and methods/links to obtain such in most cases.

Thanks.

The last song in the second "Spiderman 2" trailer is "Voices Over War" by X-Ray Dog.

Can someone send me the music at my e mail address? I really get out of my head triyng to find this music!

my e mail address is furesis88@yahoo.it

thank you very much and sorry but i speak a bad english....

if Nemesis or any one else could send me a copy of 'lacrimosa' or any other song on the spiderman2 trailer or even a link to them id appreciate it :)

email: X_any_X@hotmail.com

thanks guys ive been looking for the name of that song since i first heard it

I was WRONG! sry...
The music from the Spiderman 2 trailer is not "Voices Over War"... but I think they are very similar...

Back