Shows that shouldn't have cancelled...but were

m173627

Advanced Member
Reaction score
(Ok my first major board topic in the "basement"!)

Don't you hate when you really like a show and the network ends up cancelling it anyway? Which of your most beloved shows fit this catagory? This is your chance to speak out

Scrubs almost fit this category. Arrested Development was cancelled, brought back and cancelled again.

I never watched arrested development, I never knew when it was on. They cancelled Family Guy and thank God they brought it back. I think it was just a bit ahead of it's time.

Yeah, i'm definately glad they brought Family Guy back. I think SCYTHE would agree.

The Tick live action TV show and Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

Married With Children. Who didn't love that show? Haha. Also, there was this show called American Gothic that no one ever seems to remember when I talk about it. It was the most awesome show ever. Especially for someone like me who loves the horror/supernatural/sci-fi movies. I still need to get the box set now that they have it....

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Jan 22 2007, 12:27 PM
Married With Children. Who didn't love that show? Haha. Also, there was this show called American Gothic that no one ever seems to remember when I talk about it. It was the most awesome show ever. Especially for someone like me who loves the horror/supernatural/sci-fi movies. I still need to get the box set now that they have it....
Yeah, Married with Children is one of my all time faves.

Nobody ever remembers House of Buggin either with John Legwizamo (I know that's spelled wrong but I'm too lazy to look it up.) Also, Young Riders. That was a damn good show and where Stephen Baldwin started out but no one remembers it either.

My So-Called Life, Undeclared, Keen Eddie, Dead Like Me.. those are off the top of my head..

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jan 22 2007, 06:22 PM
The Wonder Years (but it's understandable cause they all grew up.)
Yeah, a lot of shows were cancelled because the kids grew up. Thats why cartoons rock like South Park because the kids stay the same age.

Yeah, and why Lisa Simpson has been 8 years old since the show first aired.

Firefly,Viper,Mantis,The Tick, Dead Like Me and Arrested Development. All awsome shows!

Back