Update

Sir_Garland

Pro Member
Reaction score
This might be lengthy so I thought I would start a topic for the hell of it.

Okay, so the new job has been great. I started on the 3rd. Things have been insane around here. I think I may have told you all but a while back.. let's see.. I guess it was Monday the 26th, I had to leave work (my old job) early cause daycare called and told me to pick up Connor cause he had a fever. So I pick him up and he's just miserable the rest of the evening. The next day his first tooth started to show so I figured that was the problem. I was wrong.

So, Wednesday (the 28th) he gets a high fever again so I take him to the doctor and find out that he caught some virus that caused him to get ulcers in the back of his throat. (Yeah, I think I told you this part already.)

Well, Sunday the 2nd we go watch daddy play his softball and the whole time we are out there he is completely weak and cannot even muster a cry. Just layed in my arms and whimpered. So I get him home and take his temp. It was like 102.3 -ish. So I start my new job and Sean stays home with him Monday. When I get home from work Connor's lying in the living room, again whimpering and just lying there and Sean says he's been like this most of the day and has not eaten much. I take his temp and this time it's up to 103.5! AND Sean had given him baby motrin a few hrs before so that's really bad. So we take him to the urgent care center and find out that, because of that virus, he's also developed an ear infection in his left ear. :(
They give us meds and after another day he's much better and no more fevers.

THEN, last night I get home from work and Sean gets back from picking him up from daycare and Connor smiles at me but only the left half of his face moves. I set him down to check it out and notice that he cannot move the right side of his face at all. So we page the nurse (we've talked to her like a million times over this whole period of time, poor thing.) She calls us back and says to take him back to the urgent care center asap. We rush him in and luckily the Dr on call is a neurologist. That never happens. Anyway, we find out that this damn virus has also caused him to develop whats known as Bell's Palsy. :( That's basically where this nerve that runs under your ear becomes swollen causing one whole side of your face to become paralized. :( :cry:

The good news is that this condition doesn't hurt him really and almost always goes back to normal. (It just can take a while. It can take a few weeks or it can take a few months.) In a severe case 6-7 months but they don't think he will have that problem.

Poor baby. :cry:

I heard that it's temporary but does that depend on how fast the person heals or is there medicine that speeds it up?

*hugs* :(

My brother had Bell's Palsy once, and if I recall there's really nothing you can take for it, just give it time. Poor little guy.. but he's not in pain anymore, right? So that's good.

I think is left ear still may bother him at times because of the infection but yeah, from what I understand it doesn't cause him pain. They gave us some steroids for it but I did some reading and it looks like some doctors think it helps and some don't.

Poor babe...this is about the time I would start giving my child anything they ever wanted just to make them feel better. :lol: I hope he gets better soon and that's so great that you like your new job too.

Thanks guys. You're right, we've been so catering to him cause he's had to go through so much lately. I give him lots of luvins, he's so great. I just wish I could take his problems on myself. :( Teething is bad enough, I couldn't even imagine how miserable he has been these past few weeks. I am however, very relieved that he is doing better and although it seems bad it could be much, much worse. He will be okay so that at least helps me to sleep at night. :)

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jul 8 2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys. You're right, we've been so catering to him cause he's had to go through so much lately. I give him lots of luvins, he's so great. I just wish I could take his problems on myself. :( Teething is bad enough, I couldn't even imagine how miserable he has been these past few weeks. I am however, very relieved that he is doing better and although it seems bad it could be much, much worse. He will be okay so that at least helps me to sleep at night. :)
:( *sigh* Glad he's doin g okay Rhonds! :)

Thanks Ravi. I miss all of you guys so much. :( *sniff* I've been so stressed all week with having to learn a ton of stuff and Connor being sick and medical bills and lack of sleep. I just needed a dose of adtunes. :p

(I think I heard something about small doses of personal internet usage during your breaks so maybe I'll get to hop on here every once in a while. They do actualy monitor your usage and what sites you visit so I'll just have to make sure and not click on any Andy ballsack links. ;) )

I'm off to bed. I will talk to you guys later. I miss you all.

:)

:lol: :lol: Ballsack links!!

Night Rhondapants, sleep good. :)

man rhonda :(

connor seems to have a lot of misfortune :unsure:
but you know itll all be alright

Originally posted by andy@Jul 8 2006, 03:25 PM
Would you kindly be quiet?
why dont you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself? :)

Originally posted by Scythe+Jul 8 2006, 11:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scythe @ Jul 8 2006, 11:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-andy@Jul 8 2006, 03:25 PM
why dont you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself? :) [/b][/quote]
:lol: That was pretty good Ken.

Originally posted by Scythe+Jul 8 2006, 11:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scythe @ Jul 8 2006, 11:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-andy@Jul 8 2006, 03:25 PM
why dont you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself? :) [/b][/quote]
Oh you son of a bitch! Fuck you, your mom, your dad, your whole fucking family. If I could get my hands on any of you, I'd shove your asses full of massive dildos and watch your squirm! FUCK YOU!

Love,
Andy :)

Originally posted by andy+Jul 8 2006, 08:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Jul 8 2006, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Scythe@Jul 8 2006, 11:30 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-andy
@Jul 8 2006, 03:25 PM

why dont you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself? :)
Oh you son of a bitch! Fuck you, your mom, your dad, your whole fucking family. If I could get my hands on any of you, I'd shove your asses full of massive dildos and watch your squirm! FUCK YOU!

Love,
Andy :) [/b][/quote]
wouldnt i need to part of your family to take part in those family traditions?

Oh please.

Fuck you. I'm done with you.

Good job impressing Staci!.

Back