News Reports

Thorin Balin Dwalin Oin Gloin Ori, Nori Dori Bifur, Bofur Bombur Fili and Kili

*snap* Take THAT seven dwarves

Points please. :)

:lol: :lol: k fitz, that's worth 5 points... but you get 2 because i just know you looked it up

Yeah I did. :p But I looked it up by grabbing the book off the shelf. :D

I hope so. That way they'll get it all in. I really didn't like that they left the "Old Forest" and Tom Bombadil out of Part one and The battle for the Shire out of part three of LOTR.

Not that they were essential to the story but they were certainly good parts of the story.

I remember Tom Bombadil, but not the Battle of the Shire. :blink: :ph34r:

When they got home to the Shire they found it had been taken over by "Sharkey" who was actually Saruman. ;)

The early rumours are that they are not cutting the book into two. But there will be 2 movies.The first movies will be based on "the hobbit". And the second movie will be based on a plethora of manuscripts that Tolkein wrote about his Middle Earth. The movie after the Hobbit is meant to tie the Hobbit and LOTR together.

At least that is what I have heard. It could suck big time or be bloody brilliant.

Originally posted by givemfitz@Jan 12 2008, 06:56 PM
When they got home to the Shire they found it had been taken over by "Sharkey" who was actually Saruman. ;)
:blink: I really don't remember that.

I felt the same way Peter jackson did about that, it seemed like an unnecessary add-on to the story.

I don't know what this sequel will be about but if there are elves in it then I'm good. :p

What seemed like an unnecessary add on? Both? Yeah well maybe unnecessary but still would've been good.

But surely Tom Bombadil should've been in...

I also felt we should have seen more of Theodred, rather than just have him dead as soon as he appears in the movie.

Then again, if I had my way we would have been looking at 3 movies of 5 hours long

Yeah Tom Bombadil should've been in. The fact that the ring and he had no power over one another and that the council even considered GIVING him the ring makes him a major player. They only decided against giving it to him because it was so trivial to him that they were afraid he would just lose it or put it away somewhere and forget about it.

:lol: :lol:

Back