Anyone Hear About This?

Originally posted by Donutos@Dec 4 2005, 04:16 PM
but it would be awesome if that was some psych technique or something
Exactly, that's how I was tryin to say it. Like by not coddling the kid's memory, they're tellin other kids that they're not gonna get sympathy if they do the same thing. It was the wording "Nobody takes their life like a bitch and gets away with it" that sounded almost protective, like "We're not gonna let you puss out." *shrug*

Rhonda, actually they didn't take the pages down, there's links at the bottom of the box to go to their new NSFW server.

Originally posted by MeganJane@Dec 7 2005, 03:56 PM
What does YMTD mean??
I've been afraid to ask that cause everyone else seemed to already know. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Then I'll ask, I don't care if they all make fun of me, haha. Now if someone would just tell us, lol...

ytmnd....you the man now dog

i think its because the first of those ytmnd's repeated the phrase "you the man now dog"

Originally posted by Donutos@Dec 7 2005, 04:14 PM
ytmnd....you the man now dog

i think its because the first of those ytmnd's repeated the phrase "you the man now dog"
Is this one of those, "did you know that gullable isn't in the dictionary" things?

I had to look up what EMO meant.

Haha did ya really? You coulda just asked woman! Shit no one here's gonna make fun of you.

Yeah it's named after that Sean Connery line from Finding Forrester. I guess they thought it was funny and there began a fad.

Excerpt from Wikipedia
According to an interview with Max Goldberg, he purchased the domain name yourethemannowdog.com after seeing the commercial for Finding Forrester. He didn't know what to do with it, so he created the YTMND image and sound loop as a placeholder. For two years, he never promoted the site, but others found it through search engines and were moved to create variations of it. In April 2004, Goldberg created YTMND.com as a database and web hosting center for them, and it took off as a fad.[2]

When YTMND first opened, newly created YTMNDs were unmoderated and therefore a certain portion of them were highly offensive. The site also featured forums but on October 14th, 2004, Max Goldberg, without any warning, inexplicably shut down the YTMND Forums and banned the chief users, citing tension between himself and the website's host—though they have since reopened. The site as a whole was temporarily closed in December 2004, with Goldberg forwarding the site to the original yourethemannowdog.com without notice.

It was open again for a short while in January 2005, and in late March 2005 Goldberg reopened the site with a number of new features including the moderation of YTMNDs. In October 2005 a stricter moderation system went into effect which deleted many YTMNDs and added user age verification (through a new site called ytmnsfw.com) before displaying any offensive or unmoderated YTMNDs. On November 26th 2005, as part of Max's campaign to update the look and functionality of ytmnd, YTMND radio was started.

On November 25, 2005 YTMND relaunched on new servers, sporting an entirely redesigned layout [3]. Updates included user names in the URL, as opposed to numbers which had previously been the norm; faster caching and new content boxes, with the promise of more features to come soon.
This is the History of YTMND

Back