I'm extremely disappointed!

Why not teach all possible theories. For example, it wouldn't be like, "this is how it is" but more like, "here's another theory and this is another theory but no one really knows for sure." *shrugs*

Aren't we about due for another heated debate on this forum? :p I believe the last one was between Fitz and Ravyn about the hurricanes. :lol:

Meh, I'm too depressed to debate. All religions welcome in my new country. It's potluck, so bring a dish.

Oh that's right. I forgot you're starting your own country. And what was the rule, no sluts or something? I just remember that my evil old friend that cheated on her army hubby is not allowed. :D :lol:

Teachers teach a unit on Intelligent Design
This is how it might happen:

Teacher: Students, for the next 10 days you will learn about Intelligent Design. Intelligent Design is the theory that in the beginning, a higher being created human beings. This is accepted because we are so complex that some higher form must have created us.
Teacher: Any questions?
Teacher(Talks to self): Oh f**k, what do I teach now?
Teacher: Who wants to learn how to hotwire a car!
Class: Yay!!

This shows that teaching intelligent design will lead to increased car jackings.
That was the joke.

Heres the fact:
Intelligent Design is clearly based on creationism
Creationism is religious
Separation of Church and State anybody?

Anyone ever heard of Occam's Razor(Wikipedia). Basically it states "Given two equally predictive theories, choose the simpler." So tell me what is simpler:
Some higher being created humans and concealed his identity so the whole earth debates if he exsists or not
Or
Humans evolved from single celled organisms and became more complex over millions and millions of years.

You tell me :)

Yeah, well, pretty much no chicks allowed at all. Adtunes females and a handful of pre-approved ones, but otherwise no dice.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Nov 8 2005, 11:22 PM

Teacher: Students, for the next 10 days you will learn about Intelligent Design. Intelligent Design is the theory that in the beginning, a higher being created human beings. This is accepted because we are so complex that some higher form must have created us.

This shows that teaching intelligent design will lead to increased car jackings.
That was the joke.

Heres the fact:
Creationism is religious

Anyone ever heard of Occam's Razor(Wikipedia). Basically it states "Given two equally predictive theories, choose the simpler." So tell me what is simpler:
Some higher being created humans and concealed his identity so the whole earth debates if he exsists or not
Or
Humans evolved from single celled organisms and became more complex over millions and millions of years.

<_< Meh, I'm too tired.

*blows Anthony a kiss* :)

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Nov 8 2005, 11:22 PM

That was the joke.

Heres the fact:
Creationism is religious

Or

:lol: I like this guy.

The plain facts is that if you present "allll" the options, you have to stress that they're options, that the scientific explanation is the most sensible, and that no one knows one way or the other.

1st one

I've always thought that. .. before school, before church.. and as science was introduced into my book of knowledge (head) I look it as more of a gift than a burden of a question ''does god exist'' if he does or doesn't the answer is there or it's the pedestal to the answer that's too high for us to reach

I also think that if schools have to teach Creationism, churches should be forced to teach Evolution.

Why can't someone teach me how to hotwire a car? :(

:p

Originally posted by dascoot@Nov 8 2005, 11:30 PM
I also think that if schools have to teach Creationism, churches should be forced to teach Evolution.
I agree, but I think even better yet, I think they shouldn't have to teach anything.

Back