My Chocolate Sprinkle Sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww.. well how long have you been speaking English? And no, you're right, it was the same country and same language but I do have an idea oh how you felt at least..

about 3 years now. we moved here 3 years ago but before that I had English at school so I sorta knew it, I also got used to it by watching cartoons, mostly like Dexter, Spongebob and even the PowerPuff Girls!!! cause we dont translate a lotta cartoon, we usually have subs, so then you know, you hear it, read what it means ans then it sorta gets into your system I dunno, but thats how it made it easy to speak english so fast for me.

You know I hear a lot of stories of ppl learning english through TV and I tried that with Spanish and it just didnt work! I cannot pick up spanish for the world :annoyed:

lol :D

well maybe thats cause you're older? I dunno, most a lotta people say that kids learn better and faster cause they're still in developement ya know, like from the age of I think like 8 to 13 I watched cartoons and shows in english, liike Friends and other things ith subs.

that's actually a proven fact and I'm pretty sure there is a group who is trying to get a law passed where schools introduce language courses in the elementary stages ;) which in my opinion would be kick ass! <for my hypothetical child

I definately think that they should start teaching our children a second language in elementary. :eek:k:

Originally posted by Gussler@Jun 12 2005, 02:40 PM
Don't a lot of Americans hate their own government? I heard that somewhere, well not hate, but dislike it.
Yeah. Pretty much half of us do at any given time. The half that didn't vote for the current resident idiots.

The other half that did vote for them are generaly ok with the way things are, ;)

Originally posted by Gussler@Jun 12 2005, 01:22 PM
Haha. Yeah well.... stupid foreigners think Holland's all about the windmills and cheese or whatever they make up, but this? Oh yeah BABY!!! IT'S ALL DUTCH!
Well, most Americans don't think that. Most American's want to go to Amsterdam for 1 reason.... :whistle: :angel:

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jun 14 2005, 12:11 PM
Most American's want to go to Amsterdam for 1 reason.... :whistle: :angel:
There's more than one reason actually. ;)

And that's kind of a dumb thing actually, sorry, but EVERYONE, E-V- E-R-Y-O-N-E, even you people as I understand, think Amsterdam is all about the drugs?? Is that what you were trying to say? Well well well........... so like ... isn't America all about CRIME?? yup. Kinda gettng tired of people here in other countries not knowing a damn thing about other countries as most of Europian schools teach a lot about other countries. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're thinkin' bout Prostitutes? Is that why Americans wanna go to Amsterdam???? Oh and by the way, I said FOREIGNERS THINK, not JUST AMERICANS think.

Originally posted by Gussler@Jun 14 2005, 08:14 PM
And that's kind of a dumb thing actually, sorry, but EVERYONE, E-V- E-R-Y-O-N-E, even you people as I understand, think Amsterdam is all about the drugs?? Is that what you were trying to say? Well well well........... so like ... isn't America all about CRIME?? yup. Kinda gettng tired of people here in other countries not knowing a damn thing about other countries as most of Europian schools teach a lot about other countries. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're thinkin' bout Prostitutes? Is that why Americans wanna go to Amsterdam???? Oh and by the way, I said FOREIGNERS THINK, not JUST AMERICANS think.
Gus you need to relax.

First off, we're allowed to joke.

Second, you stating over and over about how ignorant we are is just as bad as what you think WE'RE doing. It's called stereotyping, and it's not fair. You don't know us.

Then don't joke about it. Some people don't like that.

You're going to tell an entire country full of people what they can and cannot talk about?

No I am just saying that some people, including me, don't like it when others "joke" about their home country.

Nobody is making fun of your home country Gus, we're laughing at our own ignorance. It's too bad you don't understand the joke.

DUDE! Do you know how much I joke about America!?

Shut the hell up and deal with it you ass. THIS is one of the reasons why I'm not to fond of you. You bitch and whine NON STOP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back