Life Season 1

Re: Song From the NBC TV Series "Life"

Betrayal - Rod Oliver

12.10.08 Life, songs from???

There was a great song in the background of the beginning of tonight's episode. It's a slow song, male singer, and I caught, "...those who are dead, are not dead, they're just living in my head..."

There was another song when Reese and Crews were investigating "shots fired" at the Serial Killer Museum. It was a male singer, slowish rockish song. "...am I crazy or has the rest of the world gone sane..."

Does anyone know the songs? Singers? Etc?

Thanks!

Jennifer.

Re: 12.10.08 Life, songs from???

There was a great song in the background of the beginning of tonight's episode. It's a slow song, male singer, and I caught, "...those who are dead, are not dead, they're just living in my head..."

"42" by Coldplay (Amazon) (iTunes)

Re: 12.10.08 Life, songs from???

The song from the serial killer museum is "The Big Sleep" by Oliver Future from the album Pax Futura.

12.10.08 Life, different song

Well, you guys already got 2 of them. Outstanding. Here is a third.

I did a lyric search, but couldn't find it. Usually that works.

It's like trying to move a mountain
It's like trying to empty the sea
It's like trying to live forever
*something* stare at the sun
You're not the only one.

OK, I may have them out of order, or missed something, but that's pretty close. Kind of an alternative/indie sound.

Thanks gang.

Re: 12.10.08 Life, different song

"You Deserve Something" by Punsapaya

ETA: FYI, this is from the NBC Rewind version not the tv broadcast... it replaces "The Big Sleep" by Oliver Future.

Is this the song that is playing when they first go to the Museum of Murder and Mayhem?

No, that song is from the second time, when the detectives find the body.

The first museum trip is "Lost in my World" by Los Dug Dugs.

Reactions: jca

Thats it. Thanks for the quick reply. Just curious but how do you know this song from a garage band from Mexico from 1971? This site amazes me.

Life

THere was a song at the beginning of Life on Wed. that was a remake of Britney Spears- Hit me baby 1 more time. It was slow and creepy- any ideas who it might be?

I know this is necroing but I just got through watching the season 1 DVD. I wanted to know if anyone has any idea what song is playing when Charlie gives his GNX to the pretty ("smokin'" is what the kids say now isn't it?) girl. It plays all the way through that scene to Charlie pulling off in the old beater. There's no lyrics heard either, which makes it hard to identify. Thanks!

the ppl on the (NBC name that tune board) - incl. me - are so desperate to know what this song - now known as the Mystery Song- is... any ideas? i mean, there's even a website dedicated to it now...

its called the Mystery Song because as described in a past on the NBC forums by wizzie:

HUGE ?
& Thanks mongrels!!!

Today, I decided to revisit this topic to see if any new revelations existed.

Nothing new was ever found on NBC.

I did find this today I found this:

At least I have a "full" version of the song now.

Still no mention of the singer / group / producer / band ...

I guess it will remain the unsolved mystery
http://wizzie.freepgs.com/LifeMysterySong/

regards,

wizzie

^ That song is from the 5 Alarm Music library. They produce music for use in tv, movies, ads, etc. The song was composed (and possible sung) by Kirsten Proffit. It is unlikely it will be commercially released unless it shows up on a soundtrack or 5 Alarm puts out an album of their music.

okay, fellow "life" addicts, i'm going insane! i'm watching "the fallen woman" episode from season 1 & i can't figure out the artist or song name for the pretty song played at the end. roman just tells crews "you should ask your partner what happened to all that money." the song goes like this "what am i living for? i don't know how to turn this life around. please help me. let me out, take me in & give me some direction. tell me something good, tell me something good..." HELP, this song is hunting my dreams; i love it! any suggestions?

thanks in advance for any & all help!
:eek:

T

If you're watching a copy of the tv broadcast ep it's "In The Sun" by Donna De Lory.
If you're watching any other version (nbc.com, Hulu, DVD) it's "Tell Me" by Shannon Penn. (from the lyrics you wrote, it's probably this one)

Taltos,
You're my new best friend! You rock; I've been losing my mind rewatching my DVD's trying to figure out these songs. I've had several sleepless nights trying to rack my brain. Thanks for ending that. It still kills me that NBC cancelled that show. I wrote letters/emails w/ no response from NBC. I can't believe they cancelled one the freshest, funniest, new shows on television so we can watch more reality garage. I live in the real world, I enjoy stepping outside of it once a week & watching a really well written show w/ super characters for a change. I still can't fathom. How the show/actor was nominated for a Golden Globe & a few months later they cancel it for a lack of viewers. Did they forget about the writers' strike all those mos? Hello? Duh, after all that time NBC changes the show's time slot & date to Wednesdays w/ little advertising...they've shouldn't marked it better & the results might have been different.
Any way, I don't watch much TV now, thankfully I have my Season 1 & 2 on DVD so I can watch them. Thanks again so much; you're a lifesaver!
T

Stupid iPhone spell check. I meant "garbage" & "I still can't fathom how..." & "they should've marketed it better". Oh well, water under the bridge, too bad a cable station didn't pick it up so it could've continued & saved all the jobs. That was a lot of people laid off.
T

Back