2006 Winter Olympics Torino

Hi, I watched the medal ceremony last night for the mens 50km cross country ski event. The man who won it was from italy and they played the italian national anthem after he received the gold medal. Anyone know who sings the song they played during this?

If I'm not mistaken ...

They played the same version of the Italian National Anthem that they used during the Opening Ceremony - the one using that little 9-yr old girl ...

Eleonora Benetti - "L'inno di Mameli" (sorry if my Italian is wrong, sure hope not)

Enjoy!
There you go.

Originally posted by NumyMufn@Feb 27 2006, 12:54 PM
But then wouldn't they have listed it as "Forbidden Colours" instead?
Not necessarily. Sometimes they just credit the greater work and not the specific song or piece used. For example, one skater's music is credited as "Finding Neverland Soundtrack." It doesn't list what specific piece was used in her program. So, "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" could be thought of as the greater work (the name of the movie/soundtrack).

Also, your last sample does not sound like the version used in the skating program. I just wish I could watch Miki's performance again.

Yea that is the song i'm talking about. But does anyone know where a video is available online to watch it? I've searched a lot and havn't found any videos more than a couple seconds long of the opening or closing cermonies.

Does anyone know the one techno song that played whenever the sparks of passion appeared during the opening and closing ceremonies? It played at other times, but always when they showed up. If it was composed specifically for the games then I might be out of luck…

Anyway, anyone know anything about it?

That song was from the 24 soundtrack --- Either Jack on the Move or Up and Down Stairs --

2006 Olympics

I have been looking for the end credits music since Salt Lake and I can't believe how quick I found the answer on this site!!!!!! Remember the Titans --- Thank you!

So for any other NBC soundtrack / Olympic fans out there, I've searched high and low and found the following:

Athens Opening Segment:
- Began with Jurassic Park -- but would love to know the song it transitioned to if anybody can remember or has it tivo'd / taped.

Athens Closing Credits: World of the Heart / To the Stars - Dragon Heart (Randy Edelman) transitioning to Titans Spirit - Remember the Titans

Salt Lake Opening Segment: I know it included Forrest Gump but not sure on the rest. Ending Credits: Titans Spirit

Torino Opening Segment: Help here!!! It seemed like a collection of various songs I've heard before. It seemed like Requiem for a Dream was in there and pretty sure it ended with "The Island" - My Name is Lincoln.

Torino Closing Segment: Pretty sure it was The Perfect Storm (Coming Home from the Sea) transitioning to Titans Spirit once again.

Other Olympic Segment Music (favorites) -- Main Title (Gettysburg), Robin Hood Overture, End Titles (Apollo 13)

NBC theme music --- as mentioned by others here, Adventures of Brisco County, Pirates of the Carribean (He's a pirate), Summon the Heros, Bugler's Dream.

Favorite Olympic Promo Music -- Really like the Flypside song Someday, and the song by Swithfoot, "We are One Tonight" --

OK - I'm hoping there's somebody else out there that can fill in the gaps or add to this list with your favorites! Thanks so much!

Yes, the Torino closing montage was underscored by THE PERFECT STORM and the end credits by "Titans Spirit".

John Williams' film music always seems to crop up during the human interest segments centering on an American athlete during the broadcasts in the States. I can recall specifically hearing "The Long Road to Justice" from AMISTAD during one segment years ago.

One holy grail of original Olympic music that has yet to see the light of day on a commercial CD or good-quality mp3 is the theme which CBS used during its Winter Olympic broadcasts in the early 90s. I have yet to receive a reply to an email that I sent to who I believe is the composer of the music.

TORINO OPENING
"Onward to Glory" - Immediate Music
"Kingmaker" - Immediate Music
"Barbarians at the Gate - No Choir" - Immediate Music
"Kingmaker" - Immediate Music
THE ISLAND - Steve Jablonsky (track 14: "My Name is Lincoln")

ATHENS OPENING
"Jurassic Park" - John Williams (track 16: "End Credits")
"Salvation" - Immediate Music

SALT LAKE OPENING included track from...
"Forrest Gump" - Alan Silvestri
"Bicentennial Man" - James Horner
"Black Knight" - Randy Edelman

Hope that helps!
-Chris

Another popular tune is Harry Gregson-William's "Smiling" from the MAN ON FIRE soundtrack. Has been used on NBC several times... including Athens and Torino.

And as a special treat here is the COMPLETE LIST FOR DAY 0 (Opening Ceremony) Coverage on NBC:

*note: this list does not include the various BUMPER music by Leo Arnaud, John Williams, FreePlay Production music, and Randy Edelman.

TORENO OPENER: "Onward to Glory" - Immediate Music
TORENO OPENER: "Kingmaker" - Immediate Music
TORENO OPENER: "Barbarians at the Gate - No Choir" - Immediate Music
TORENO OPENER: "Kingmaker" - Immediate Music
TORENO OPENER: THE ISLAND - Steve Jablonsky (track 14: "My Name is Lincoln")
SESTRIERE PREVIEW: "Weapon of Mass Distortion" - Crystal Method
BODI MILLER PROFILE: "Jarhead" - Thomas Newman (track 2: "Raining Oil")
BODI MILLER PROFILE: "Jarhead" - Thomas Newman (track 20: "Permission To Fire")
COVERAGE PROMO: "Gettysburg" - Randy Edelman (track 16: "March to Mortality (Pickett's Charge)")
COVERAGE PROMO: "Pirates of the Carribean" - Klaus Badelt (track 15: He's A Pirate)
COVERAGE PROMO: "Pirates of the Carribean" - Klaus Badelt (track 4: "Will and Elizabeth")
CLOSING CREDITS: "Because We Believe (Ama Credi Evai)" - Andrea Bocelli

If I told then I wouldn't be able to get any more. ;)

But even I can't find this one... anyone know what this music is? Sound reminiscent of the tech score of Gregson-Williams' SPY GAME mixed with violin.(used for DAY 1 coverage on NBC)

Anyone?

That's an easy one :p It is the last track on the soundtrack "DREAMER" by John Debney.

Wow - Thanks Music Guy --- That was impressive --- I checked out Immediate Music's Website and couldn't find any of the clips --- Probably for good reason. But was wondering if anybody knew of a way to get access to these clips. Or will they be locked up in the NBC / Immediate Music Vault forever. Then again maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Thanks again!

Pretty well locked up ;) .. These songs come from their recent double cd Abbey Road. Now that Immediate Music is such a 'household' name they don't update their samples anymore...several cd's are not included on the site.

Back