2006 Winter Olympics Torino

I am looking for the songs used in the first 6 minute opening montage before NBC broke to Jim Lampley at Studio 1 in the International Broadcast Center. There are about 6 songs (most of them symphony pieces with a chorus). The songs span in the background of Andre Braugher narrating, "Before Italy, the world knew a kaleidoscope of factious kingdoms..." and ending with him stating, "Tonight, the world comes to hear stories, old and new. Does anyone know those songs? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

I would like to know as well. I remember one commercial of the Salt Lake City olympics on CBC some years ago and I still haven't been able to determine the song.

I doubt anyone will know what I am taking about, seeing as how shows like Grey's Anatomy and American Idol are beating out the Olympics TV ratings-wise, but anyway...

Does anybody know the name of the song that was played in the background during NBC's introduction to the women's downhill skiing last night (2/15)? It had no lyrics, but it wasn't any of the usual songs that are tied to the Olympics. It was also in one of HBO's commercials a few years ago that said what movies were coming up in the future on Saturday nights.

I was able to record the sequence with my PVR, but I recorded the song during the day-end montage of events. The song's the same, but I need to know how to upload it for people to see/hear.

I don't know if I'm thinking of the right moment but they played "Nara" by E.S. Posthumus () when they talked about Kildow's crash and the other two teammates hopes of receiving the gold.

Just adding that I watched too (didn't recall the music though) and those crashes just broke my heart. They were both so brave to race after the falls.....hats off to them both. :D

The music is from Nino Rota's score for the film AMARCORD, available on a variety of CDs (soundtrackcollector.com page).

I'm not sure exactly which recording was used or if it was a newly-recorded version, though.

Hello.

Watched the Olympics last night (2/16/06) ...

After the conclusion of the coverage of the men's snowboard cross finals, they came back to Bob Costas in the studio ...
He then turned our attention to the women's snowboard cross that would be starting up the next day ...
He mentioned one of our competitors in the event, Lindsay Jacobellis, would be one to watch ...

Then it went to a taped preview piece about Lindsay Jacobellis ...
It was a rather brief thing ... but there was some cool music playing in the background ...
To describe it: it was a sorta synthesized rock tune ... the beat of it sorta reminded me of the beat to Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People" ...
Sorta: boom BOP BOPboom BOP BOP ...

What was this tune? (I know, I know, it's a loooonnnnnngggggg shot! ... HaHa!)

Help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi, I'm trying to look for the song played during NBC olympics segment on Michelle Kwan's career. This was the Chevy Olympic Moment on Day 2. It was part violin and part piano. It had this bitter sweet feel to it and was really beautiful. Does anyone know the song?

Thanks in advance!!!

Originally posted by bigball12@Feb 17 2006, 08:22 PM
I cannot thank you enough. How did you know. I am amazed!!!
You're welcome! I'm a fan of film music, and this is one of Rota's most well-known themes. :)

Well I appreciate you taking the time to listen. And Thank You very much!

Does anyone know the name of the Theme Music that NBC uses after a commerical break etc It almost starts similar to the Canadian National Anthem?
Wher could I get that music clip?
Colinski

Originally posted by Colinski@Feb 18 2006, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know the name of the Theme Music that NBC uses after a commerical break etc It almost starts similar to the Canadian National Anthem?
Wher could I get that music clip?
Colinski
I think you're after Leo Arnaud's fanfare from the larger work titled "Bugler's Dream", which has become the unofficial theme for the Olympics since the late 60s/early 70s when ABC used it during their broadcast.

You can find it on several CDs, including the following:

- Charge!/Military Band (LINK, track 3, this is the original recording heard during the ABC broadcast back in the day)

- Summon the Heroes (LINK, track 3, paired with John William's "Olympic Fanfare and Theme"; this is most likely the version heard during the current NBC broadcast)

- Stars & Stripes: Fanfares, Marches, and Wind Band Spectaculars (LINK, track 1

Happy Listening!

Hi, after a segment of the olympics events, before going to commercial, NBC sometimes shows a quick promo of what events are still to come. The nbc logo appears icy clear with an icy background. The music used has a lot of strings and sounds uplifting. Anyone know where i can get this little snippet?

Thanks

does anyone know the second song the american team danced to before the jennifer lopez song?

I happened to catch what I believe to be the same montage that you did. Fortunatly a day or so later I saw a Nike Basketball commercial with the same song in the background. AdTunes was able to tell me what that was so as long as you're talking about the same montage that I am the answer to your question is...

Clubbed to Death by Rob D or Rob Dougan

Shawn

Back