2006 Winter Olympics Torino

The specific track is He's A Pirate, off the Pirates of the Caribbean sountrack.

Did anyone catch the music that Miki Ando, from Japan, danced to? It was a string-piece, almost Vivaldi-like... it was gorgeous! If you caught the name, I would appreciate any help, thanks :)

anyone know the song sasha cohen skated to in the ladies short program? i know i've heard it before, if anyways knows it please tell me

Actually it says "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" - it doesn't say who wrote or performed it. I believe it was written by Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Here's a link to the original soundtrack:
Amazon

(there are other versions available)

It is called Dark Eyes. I don't know who played the exact version she skated to, but I'm sure you can find a really similar one.

I can't believe that's the name of it. When I was watching her perform last night, it took me a few minutes to remember where I'd heard it before. Sarah Brightman has a beautiful version of it called "Forbidden Colours." I think it's only available on the "Harem Tour: Limited Edition" CD that was sold during her last tour. Miki could have skated to the original version or an instrumental of Sarah's version, although, I don't believe the latter exists. However, sometimes skaters do have their music specifically arranged or karaoke-fied (without vocals).

:lol: ka-ra-o-ke-fied
*adds to dictionary*

I didn't actually see the performance - is that the correct song? :( because I wasn't getting the whole Vivaldi-esque thing.

d'oh - it's the attack of the recurring theme - Forbidden Colours is also on the soundtrack. :rolleyes: I had noticed that the song 'Father Christmas' also used that theme, but I only got about halfway through the list and Forbidden Colours is the final track

the song I'm looking for was during this thing they had about Sasha Cohen before she actually got out on the ice. Kind of like a little segment about her life, it showed her practicing, stretching and stuff. but anyway, the music that was playing was with a violin and it was very beautiful sounding. Does anyone know what I"m talking about?

I know what you're talking about, but I can't find it. It sounded very themeish, if you know what I mean. John Williams can lay the violin solos on thick (a la Schindler's List) but I haven't checked his yet.

i need to know the song that is playing during a segment with the skiing. it is a club or electronic song i have also heard for dance club advertisments on the radio. please help!

It is either "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" or "Forbidden Colours" but it is most certainly a remake of some sort. I know it was more "classical" than choppy stereotpyical Japanese music... I'll just have to keep searching... but thanks for the help (and I didn't realize the music was listed... I should have searched, ha! :rolleyes:) Thanks again!!!

I KNEW someone would want to know that music... I've been waiting for the post :D

It's music from "The Village" soundtrack, composed by James Newton Howard. The major violin solos are done by Hillary Hahn.

I'm unsure of which track it is, because the themes reoccur so often through out the cd. However, I'm pretty sure it is either track 5, 6, 7, or 8. But if you enjoyed the music a lot, I'd recommend buying the whole cd :)

I did run across a number of versions but all of the ones I sampled (there were MANY I didn't try) were that "choppy" stuff you mentioned (which is why I didn't get your Vivaldi reference) B) I'm afraid what nathanalways21 said about skaters having their own arrangements made is correct and that version may elude you. :( But you may find something close. Let us know how it goes! :)

Hi All,

Anyone know the name of the song that Chinese skater Yan Liu skated to? She was one of the first women to skate. It sounded distinctly Asian.

I see that there was a website link to the ladies' short program music. Is there one for the long free skate music as well?

Oh my freakin' gosh...I've had this song stuck in my mind since the Olympics started...I've tried looking EVERYWHERE just tryin' to find the name...I'm so glad I stumbled onto this thread!

...although now I feel kinda stupid for walking around in public and whistling an ol' cowboy song :p

That's a beautiful piano rendition - but they are looking for an orchestration heavy in the string department. :(

Yeah... I also remember strings. I got that song from a Live Journal saying that that was the song....

I guess it's the cloest thing I can come up with. ^_^''''

Back