Guiding Light

emilysong

Reaction score
Not sure how many people watch, but on the first few minutes of today's episode there was a song with a girl singing something about 'displaced'...does anyone know who this is? I'm trying to search on the CBS.com website about GL and if they have any info on it. Thanks.

I don't know the song you're talking about but Azura Ray sings a song called 'Displaced'. Here's a link to listen to a sample of the song.

wow, that's it! how random but that is the song and it is called replaced, thanks!!!

Could some one please help me find a song title and Artist of the song from June 9th's Guiding light, Soap opera? Some of the lyrics go..."...do you wanna go back to the station...cause i had enough of bein' right there...cause if we leave right now, we'll miss our time out there."

Maybe you should try contacting GL/cbs about the song, if this forum doesn't work out. Please post the answer if you find out.

Hello.

I'd like to find out a particular song that was played on "Guiding Light", Wednesday, 1/18/06, during the special "Inside The Light: Dinah" episode ...

I was able to catch very sketchy bits of the lyrics ...

On my own,
I tried Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, etc. ... to no avail.
I tried a few soap-specific websites ... to no avail.
I sent an email to the GL contact at CBS (hahaha) ... to no avail.

Now, I turn to you ...

It was a breezy pop-rock song ... featured acoustic guitar ... female singer (very much in the vein of Sam Phillips or Shawn Colvin) ...

Here are the lyrical bits and pieces I got:
...you want me,
... ... ...need me,
...on one condition ...
...tomorrow comes I'll want you back ...
...broken heart ...
Feel like you want me,
Feel like you need me,
Feel like you'll never let me go free
Feel like you want me,
Feel like you need me,
Hope you'll never let me go free
(Love me, love me)
(Love me, love me)

I've tried different takes on the lyrics ... to no avail.

Maybe someone out there will have better luck?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! B)

Finally found an answer ... hehehe ...

Brian Siewert / Angela Lauer / Tim Lauer - "Can You Love Me (With The Lights On)"

Looks as though it was made for the show as well ... <_<

Well, that takes care of 2 of the 3 songs I've been looking for ...
I've contacted CBS again (ha!) about the 3rd song I still don't know ...
We'll see ... hmphh ... <_<

Re: (Gulp) ... "Guiding Light" song ... #3

I just found out the person that is singing this song is the singer Dustin Burnett, who was in the band The October.. great band. I have booked him at my club several times. From what i understand he sang this for the writers..so i don't think it is available to the public but was used for the show only.

if you like him and his singing though.. check out his band "The October"

Finally got an answer ... hehehe ...

Michele Vice-Maslin / Lynn Nichols / Jeremy Bose - "I Can Feel It"

Looks as though it was made for the show ... <_<
try to find the name of the song on 06/12/09 when Olivila and Natalia are outside and celebrating with champange and Rafe ask them what they were doing. It went something like, "You knew just what you had to do"

Hi there! I am REALLY hoping someone will be able to answer my question, as I have absolutely racked my brain over this … There was an episode of Guiding Light, where Don Henley’s song, “In a New York Minute”, was played … I feel like it was a Christmas/winter time episode and it was played after some “crisis” had occurred … I think it was with Josh and Reva, or it could have been with possibly Alan Michael & Harley? Or Josh & Harley? I heard this song on the radio the other day and now I’m obsessed with looking through YouTube Guiding Light videos! Anyone that can help I would REALLY appreciate it!!!! I can remember watching it over and over after it aired.
Jennifer

Back