An 80s song in this restaurant

CoreyDL18

Reaction score
So, I was in a local restaurant today, and they were playing a variety of 80s songs, and on comes this one that I have been trying to find for a while. I know it's a popular song, but i cant find out what it is because I don't know a lot of the words (it was a business lunch and people were talking loudly, so I couldn't very well tell them to hush so I could listen!) Anyway I'll try to describe it...

Its a fast paced song, where the main chorus section is composed of synthesizer. The best way I can think to describe the synth music is like synth organ maybe, and its like

do do do do do do doooo doooooooooooo (say this to yourself kinda fast)
Then the man (oinly one singing) goes

SO come on! WHOA WHOA yeah (or similar)

Also---
This song was in the background of I LOVE THE 80s 3D on VH1 , when they talked about Monchichis

Anyone got any clues!!??!

Thanks,
Corey

No way off, but nice try. This guy had almost a Bruce Springstein kinda voice, but it was definitely not him.

The guys voice is a little more rough than that, Styx singer has a Billy Joel sound ;)

Just listen to everything from the Totally 80s and other 80s compilations. By process of elimination you'll find it eventually. You have no other choice and in your journey you will discover great new wave songs.

I listened to the Yes song. Nope not it!!!

Also,, I want to find the song now rather than sift through countless compillations because I want to hear it! That takes too long! :p

Okay then. I have a massive 80's library, so if you have any other clues I will be more than glad to help you.

Thats all I can think of to tell you. As I said I've never been able to catch many words from it!
Thanks!

Okay, well do you remember the songs that played before or after it?
Maybe you'd be able to track down the song from the playlist of a compilation CD that way.

Hmm.

Tainted Love played before, I remember because I thought it was the Rihanna song.

I can't think of any others right now, but maybe that will help.

No no nothing like that, although about the same speed. Its not something instantly recognizable like that. Probably not quite as famous.

The singer sounds like Steve Winwood, and it might be him? Any of his songs fit this desc.?

The only song I can think of with Whoa! Whoa! in it is... "Things can only get better by Howard Jones".

Well the Howard Jones song was closer, its about the same tempo maybe a little faster.

It wasnt the Kinks song at all.

This is hard! :)

Nope it was a man singing by himself. Thanks for replying tho!

Back