2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver

I should mention that the song sounds familiar and if I remember right, the singer (if the lyics weren't cut out my NBC) had a scratchy voice like Rod Stewart or the singer from Stereophonics...

Re: CTV Vancouver 2010 - "CTV Opening Essay"

Okay, I've learned a bit more about this one. The montage was done by Ken Hegan (Voice of Treason).

I have an mp3 sample of the one I'm looking for: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQTWMS59

Apologies for the delayed download.

TK

hey guys i have a question: Just before the bob costas/shaun white interview aired on thursday the 18th, a very short promo of the interview aired playing a clip of a song i know ive heard a hundred times and cant think of the name of it for the life of me and its driving me crazy. All i know about the song clip is that it includes an electric guitar, and someone told me the same song played just before the cris collinsworth/shaun white interview on tuesday, the 16th. I cant confirm whether or not thats true though. its as a very simple llittle electric guitar lick, that i would record myself playing and upload if i had any dependable way to do so, but unfortunately i cannot.

hey guys i have a question: Just before the bob costas/shaun white interview aired on thursday the 18th, a very short promo of the interview aired playing a clip of a song i know ive heard a hundred times and cant think of the name of it for the life of me and its driving me crazy. All i know about the song clip is that it includes an electric guitar, and someone told me the same song played just before the cris collinsworth/shaun white interview on tuesday, the 16th. I cant confirm whether or not thats true though. its as a very simple llittle electric guitar lick, that i would record myself playing and upload if i had any dependable way to do so, but unfortunately i cannot.

Third Eye Blind - Jumper (starting at around 3:05 into the song)

Okay, so the unknowns thus far (repost if I missed your post, let's get all these together):

So we're 1 of 3 on this one (http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/as...-780919d6d847.html#nbc+opening+ceremony+intro) so far.

Start -- ??
2:08 -- "Protectors of the Earth" by Two Steps From Hell
4:03 -- ??

I really like the piece that plays for the first two minutes. Any further help is greatly appreciated!

Dying to know this one.

I am looking for the artist or composer of "Sadness". Bozarova/Larionov used it for their short program. I appreciate the playlist but you would think they'd have the smarts to list the artist! Also, does anyone know the artist that did the instrumental version of "Send In The Clowns"? Thanks in advance!

Okay, I've learned a bit more about this one. The montage was done by Ken Hegan (Voice of Treason).

I have an mp3 sample of the one I'm looking for: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQTWMS59

Apologies for the delayed download.

TK

Exi,

Did you ever hear back from the folks at NBCOlympics.com? They may not have that information, but perhaps they could give you the contact info of the department or company that put these videos together.

Exi,

Did you ever hear back from the folks at NBCOlympics.com? They may not have that information, but perhaps they could give you the contact info of the department or company that put these videos together.

No sir, I haven't. Just kinda hoping someone can place it like has happened with #2 from that clip and several others so far.

Third Eye Blind - Jumper (starting at around 3:05 into the song)

thanks a lot man, but i had already figured it out lol. I feel so dumb now, because, like i said, i used to listen to third eye blind all the time in high school

Gotta add another unknown.

During the Lindsey Vonn montage which aired today (which I just caught on the rerun at ~12:13am CST): does anyone know anything about the music used for it? The last two pieces -- not sure if there were two or three, missed the beginning of it -- were amazing.

(I should say that I'm talking about everything aired BEFORE the whole cow thing.)

Anyone know the title of the classical song playing during the Colinsworth/Apolo Ohno interview about his dad. It aired tonight around 9:50 maybe west coast time.

Thanks

Anyone know the title of the classical song playing during the Colinsworth/Apolo Ohno interview about his dad. It aired tonight around 9:50 maybe west coast time.

Thanks

The second half is Sunshine (Adagio In D Minor) by John Murphy.

I would like to know the guitar solo that plays through the first half though. It sounds familiar, but i can't place it.

What is that upbeat popish song with the guitars playing and no lyrics in the background of the halfpipe qualifying round replay? I heard NBC play it as a replay type background before too. I know it sounds very general but thats why I came here to ask!

It isn't Arco Arena by Cake is it? I know they played this song at some point and I thought it was before halfpipe.

At 5:00P (central), NBC played a preview for tonight's showing. Short Track, Long Track, and the Super G. In the background, they were playing a kick a** version of 'Fever' with Peggy Lee's original vocals (I think it was Peggy Lee). I want that song! Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest idea of who created the remix. Can anyone help?

At 5:00P (central), NBC played a preview for tonight's showing. Short Track, Long Track, and the Super G. In the background, they were playing a kick a** version of 'Fever' with Peggy Lee's original vocals (I think it was Peggy Lee). I want that song! Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest idea of who created the remix. Can anyone help?
Fever (Adam Freeland Remix)
It isn't Arco Arena by Cake is it? I know they played this song at some point and I thought it was before halfpipe.
No, I think he is asking about "Don't You Evah" by Spoon

OK, I know this isn't a lot to work with but my wife and I are looking for the closing montage songs for Wednesday and Thursday night. If they have time NBC will roll a short montage as some brief credits roll with USA's winning athletes of the day in action. This would be the closing montage for NBC's prime-time coverage and they have been short making it hard to get a lot of musical information such as lyrics, etc. I have it on TIVO and will try to find time to post the montage's tomorrow if nobody knows. I know the one song included footage of skier Lindsey Vonn and her gold medal run on Wednesday. I apologize if this has been covered already, there are some many descriptions of the montages in this thread, I'm pretty sure I covered all the search strings with no winners.

UPDATE: OK, after searching some other forums I can tell you that it's not Matisyahu - One Day or Elliott Yamin's Free. So it might have been from Tuesday night. Is anyone out there keeping track of all the ending montage songs?

I've listened to a whole lot from Two Steps From Hell, Immediate Music, and a few "epic" trailer music compilations on YouTube lately in order to place some of these unknowns; nothing so far. Was trying to place the one that tangokilo linked -- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQTWMS59 -- but not having much luck.

This thread is getting a little unwieldy...

What is that upbeat popish song with the guitars playing and no lyrics in the background of the halfpipe qualifying round replay? I heard NBC play it as a replay type background before too. I know it sounds very general but thats why I came here to ask!

I heard somehting along the lines of your description and what I heard was a Mute Math song. I think the song is called "Reset".

2010 Olympics Ice Dancing

Tonight the couple from France ice danced to a French version of "The Impossible Dream", does anyone know who was singing that version.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Back