2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver

CTV Vancouver 2010 - "CTV Opening Essay"

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html?assetid=31504b4c-1d46-4273-ace8-b073bceb7a84

Hey guys. Seeing as how there's so much music out there for the Olympics, I thought I'd start a separate thread for this one.

This amazing music starts at 1:35 and runs until 3:55. Does anyone know it?

I suspect it's from a trailer music collection. FYI, the song starting at 6:00 is "Heart of Courage" by Two Steps from Hell.

Thanks for your help!

TK

Re: Vancouver 2010: Apolo Ohno montage (14 Feb, ~8:54p CST)

As was stated in a previous post by ssreverb, it is from the movie soundtrack "Sunshine" by John Murphy. It is an okay Sci-fi movie about our sun dying, but the music was excellent.

Thank you so much, ssreverb and ryanracer. What a beautiful piece.

Random post: I can't remember what clip/montage it was in, but in last night's coverage, The Immediate's "Fides in Lucius Dei" was used. Like you'd expect -- orchestral/choir, epic-sounding, all that.

Figured I'd mention it in case someone heard something last night that they liked and it matches that description.

I'm working on a complete list of music used during NBC's coverage that I will post.... but did anyone catch the NBC coverage after the figure skating was over? My DVR stopped at 12am eastern. Were there any segments after that? Any music? Please describe. Thanks

Re: CTV Vancouver 2010 - "CTV Opening Essay"

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html?assetid=31504b4c-1d46-4273-ace8-b073bceb7a84

Hey guys. Seeing as how there's so much music out there for the Olympics, I thought I'd start a separate thread for this one.

This amazing music starts at 1:35 and runs until 3:55. Does anyone know it?

I suspect it's from a trailer music collection. FYI, the song starting at 6:00 is "Heart of Courage" by Two Steps from Hell.

Thanks for your help!

TK

Is CTV having problems? Can't view the video -- been returning an error message for the last 30 minutes or so.

Re: Vancouver 2010: "Canada Welcomes The World" Montage

So we're 1 of 3 on this one so far.

Start -- ??
2:08 -- "Protectors of the Earth" by Two Steps From Hell
4:03 -- ??

I really like the piece that plays for the first two minutes. Any further help is greatly appreciated!

I have been looking for the ID of the music in that clip too.

I believe the first one comes from The Great Eatlon by James Newton Howard. It is part of the Lady in the Water soundtrack.

No leads as to the last song or songs. I think it may be two tracks starting from 4:03?

I believe the first one comes from The Great Eatlon by James Newton Howard. It is part of the Lady in the Water soundtrack.

No leads as to the last song or songs. I think it may be two tracks starting from 4:03?

I actually think the first part is by Two Steps From Hell also (but I can't find it). The music definitely sounds like the intro to Protectors of the Earth. I just listened to The Great Eatlon and it's not the same.

I don't think it is, though are there are definite similarities in portions. It sounds more like Hans Zimmer (a la The DaVinci Code), one of his proteges, or someone aping Zimmer.

Yes, possible transition at ~5:46.

I don't think it is, though are there are definite similarities in portions. It sounds more like Hans Zimmer (a la The DaVinci Code), one of his proteges, or someone aping Zimmer.

Yes, possible transition at ~5:46.

I thought it was Zimmer too or Zimmer-like but I haven't found anything close yet. Only a small portion of the Great Eatlon matches the intro (like if it was edited and played on loop) but it the closest thing I have found so far.

Hmm, I'm playing through bits of The Great Eatlon -- I don't hear the resemblance. Catchy though.

And yes, another possible piece around ~5:43 wouldn't surprise me, but before and after sounded similar to me when I last listened.

It's working for me. I'm guessing it might only be available to users in Canada :S.

It's working for me. I'm guessing it might only be available to users in Canada :S.

Was thinking that, but didn't imagine that they'd restrict such a thing to their own country. Bah! Oh well, just another reason for me to go visit Canada one day.

I am looking for the artist or composer of "Sadness". Bozarova/Larionov used it for their short program. I appreciate the playlist but you would think they'd have the smarts to list the artist! Also, does anyone know the artist that did the instrumental version of "Send In The Clowns"? Thanks in advance!

hey everyone...here are the three songs used in the montage to start the olympics:

1. Knight's march from King Arthur (hans zimmer)
2. shadows and nightmares (two steps from hell)
3. heart of courage (two steps fro hell)

hope this helps everyone!

hey everyone...here are the three songs used in the montage to start the olympics:

1. Knight's march from King Arthur (hans zimmer)
2. shadows and nightmares (two steps from hell)
3. heart of courage (two steps fro hell)

hope this helps everyone!

I don't remember listening to those in any montages, but they're all awesome pieces. Must have missed it somehow. Thanks!

(Though I think Shadows and Nightmares is the name of an album from TSFH.)

Anyone having any luck on the first track from the "Canada Welcomes The World" montage? I'm still drawing a blank.

Does anyone know the music that played during the pairs competition on monday night...right before they went to the final group they had a montage of the top skaters...they have used that music before in the olympics..i remember it being used in gymnastics...help!

Hey guys, I haven't read this whole thread, just wanted to say how great it is that we're working to identify this music that NBC seems not to care about. I find it ridiculous that a great band like Caspian is not being credited, when NBC has this page:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/soundtrack/

and credits crap like Mariah Carey. Really, would it be that much work to add Caspain and the rest of the music they've been using?

Anyway, I don't know if anyone was looking for this, but I figured I'd post it. Remembrance by God is an Astronaut. Amazing song. They played it during the segment about the injured skier.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSq2PpNiON0[/ame]

What is that upbeat popish song with the guitars playing and no lyrics in the background of the halfpipe qualifying round replay? I heard NBC play it as a replay type background before too. I know it sounds very general but thats why I came here to ask!

Back