2008 Summer Olympics Beijing

ssreverb, that was the song I was looking for. Thank you soooo much, it's been driving me crazy!

Anyone know whose version of Bolero the Belarussian Rhythmic Group used for 3 hoops, 4 clubs?

I'm looking for the instrumental music played briefly the other night during NBC's profile of the Russian woman pole vaulter. I've heard it used in other commercials but can't place it. It has a middle eastern sound to it. Just instrumental, no lyrics.

I'm looking for the instrumental music played briefly the other night during NBC's profile of the Russian woman pole vaulter. I've heard it used in other commercials but can't place it. It has a middle eastern sound to it. Just instrumental, no lyrics.

In response to the OP, the music that played in the very beginning of the Olympic coverage (before the Opening Ceremony, before Tom Brokaw's commentary\clip), the clip that began the NBC Olympic coverage @ 7:30pm, was from the soundtrack to Michael Bay's (ugh) The Island. The score was composed by Steve Jablonsky, the track I believe is called "You Have A Special Purpose In Life". Hope this helps.

Originally posted by musashi22@Aug 24 2008, 03:50 PM
"Galvanize" by the Chemical Brothers (Amazon) (iTunes)

I heard a song during the olympics on NBC, during a documentary that was also a background song during Transformers movie. It was when Bumblebee changed from an old car to a new one. Does anyone know what song that was from? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what piece Belarus used for Day 1 of the qualifiers in rhythmic gymnastics? Classical music with a violin solo and maybe piano solo in there too. It was a routine with 5 ropes. I wish i could find a clip of it but so far I haven't found one.

Of course now that Ive already posted i find a clip! :p

This is not the Olympic performance but the same music was used.

I sense that a lot of people will soon be wondering what the closing credits music is.

It is:

Randy Edelman's - To the World of the Heart (from Dragonheart)

and also

Trevor Rabin - Titans Spirit.

Just to add to Frank823's post, I believe they used some music from "Miracle" (2004) by Mark Isham, specifically "The Games" theme.

Can anyone help out with the instrumental that was playing in the background right before the closing credits when Bob Costas was doing the last few minutes of his wrap up?

Does anyone know the music played when Nastia Liukin performed on the floor exercise? It was a great piece!

Originally posted by ssreverb@Aug 17 2008, 01:25 PM
THe one i am talking about has more of a soundtrack/ Score sound to it... Groove addicts or two steps from hell, music...NBC right before the tom brokaw video wich i am also lookin for tha music from that one

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/china-in...tury/2533395089
The opening montage used "Reunited" by Alan Silvestri from Van Helsing and an Immediate Music custom music cue called "The Brave Shall Rise". I think there was one other piece, don't know it yet.

And from the Tom Brokaw video, the first two songs i'm not sure about, but the last ones are...
Grateful Dead - China Cat Sunflower ('72 Europe Recording)
Craig Armstrong - Ball
Barber - Adagio for Strings
Craig Armstrong - Rise
OK Thanks to all for all the help.
Special Thanks To ssreverb ( What happened to your I Mix??)

Found the song i was looking for.. well at least the company, now its just a waiting game to see if they will release it...

The Brave Shall Rise - Immediate Music

http://www.immediatemusic.com/index.cfm

I'm looking for the background music played during the introduction to the men's beach volleyball....can anybody help me out? Thanks.

Originally posted by hk43999@Aug 24 2008, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know the music played when Nastia Liukin performed on the floor exercise? It was a great piece!
The piece is called "Dark Eyes." It is a Russian folk song. There are several versions of it available on itunes, though none is the exact one she used. The one her floor routine is to is on an album to be released in the spring of 09 called Gypsy - featuring Lara St. John on violin.

Originally posted by NewYorkdude@Aug 24 2008, 10:08 PM
Can anyone help out with the instrumental that was playing in the background right before the closing credits when Bob Costas was doing the last few minutes of his wrap up?
The theme is from Stephen Warbeck's "Shakespeare in Love" score.

Is there an extended version of this I could get somewhere (Olympic Fanfare and Theme)? They always play a longer, more intense/rough/hardcore version of this music during the games. The ones I have found are shorter and not what I am after or are looking for. If you listen to the original song, it plays out more on NBC's broadcasts. I hope I am making myself clear & understandable enough for everyone. Just hoping someone anyone could give me some assistance or help at all I would greatly appreciate it!

I might add as well it has some sort of drum beat to it near the end of the lengthest version.

Bobbie

:ph34r:

Back