2008 Summer Olympics Beijing

its about a 4 minute video that recaps the the olympics are about...
heres the Links to you tube and look at it fast before they Delete IT!!

Thanks

Any ideas on the song or songs used??

AHHHHHHHHHHHH... it got Deleted.... Anyone know where I can upload a video that is not youtube and its not "Up-tight"

Just wanted to point out that NBC seems to be using "Mercy" by Duffy quite a bit in their Olympic coverage:

"Mercy" by Duffy

Download it from Amazon.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the song is thats been played after the swims, its a foreign language song, its pop music, and sounds sort of kiddish, if I'd have to say it peg it as asian. If anyone wants me to sing the tones to it to help me in identifing the track I'd do that.

Does anyone know the song that they played at the end of the NBC olympics. It was played around 1:30 A.M. eastern time. It was like a video summing up all the days events. It was played after the men's all-around gymnastics. the only part of the lyrics I caught was: "Open your eyes, your eyes". It was sung by a guy. Thanks! :)

I am looking for a specific song NBC used last night or Aug. 12 during a montage of Michael Phelps gold medal swims in all his Olympics. I have heard this song in other places lately and it is driving me crazy. Must. Have. It.

Thanks.

Originally posted by beaker30@Aug 14 2008, 06:44 PM
I am looking for a specific song NBC used last night or Aug. 12 during a montage of Michael Phelps gold medal swims in all his Olympics. I have heard this song in other places lately and it is driving me crazy. Must. Have. It.
I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the right montage but try "Cobrastyle" by the Teddybears. (Amazon) (iTunes)

Can someone please ID a song for me? I heard it on the MSNBC Olympic Update show that comes on at 5pm Central Time. The song I'm requesting to get ID was on the show today, Friday, August 15.

It's a rock/alternative sounding song...the snipper they played was when they were going to commercial break. The song was mostly a guitar solo but then right before it cut out there were the lyrics "something rock n roll"

If someone knows what this is it'd be awesome.

Thanks.

Does anyone know the song playing in the background of the very short Lopez Lomong feature shown during the men's 1500m qualifying tonight? Thanks!

This may be one written specifically for the show but did anyone hear the 20 seconds of music or so during Tyson Gay's highlight reel, just prior to his qualifying for the 100m final? (11:10 PST) No words in it, just a smooth beat with a beautiful bassline and melody that come on right at the end. It sounds like it could be the beginning of a John Mayer song or something.

If someone can identify this, it would be great!

Originally posted by tiggerjmp23@Aug 16 2008, 02:22 AM
This may be one written specifically for the show but did anyone hear the 20 seconds of music or so during Tyson Gay's highlight reel, just prior to his qualifying for the 100m final? (11:10 PST) No words in it, just a smooth beat with a beautiful bassline and melody that come on right at the end. It sounds like it could be the beginning of a John Mayer song or something.

If someone can identify this, it would be great!
"Shadow of the Day" by Linkin Park (Amazon) (iTunes)

Originally posted by nanceq@Aug 16 2008, 01:17 AM
Does anyone know the song playing in the background of the very short Lopez Lomong feature shown during the men's 1500m qualifying tonight? Thanks!
Try "We Use To Be Friends" by the Dandy Warhols (Amazon) (iTunes)

What was the music Alicia Sacramone used for her floor routine? It's a little tango-like, with accordion & strings, a tango pace. I KNOW I've heard this before but I just can't place it...Thanks!

Originally posted by ornitholestes@Aug 16 2008, 05:00 PM
What was the music Alicia Sacramone used for her floor routine? It's a little tango-like, with accordion & strings, a tango pace. I KNOW I've heard this before but I just can't place it...Thanks!
"Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)" by Gotan Project (Amazon) (iTunes)

here's another good one... does anyone know the last song that just came up in the clip about phelps chasing spitz's single-olympics gold record? it was the rock one that started with the guitars and just some "ahh ahhh ahh" vocals, and played out through the rest of the video.

Originally posted by angelwings88@Aug 13 2008, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know the song that they played at the end of the NBC olympics. It was played around 1:30 A.M. eastern time. It was like a video summing up all the days events. It was played after the men's all-around gymnastics. the only part of the lyrics I caught was: "Open your eyes, your eyes". It was sung by a guy. Thanks! :)
I believe you are referring to "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel, from his 1986 album So. Remembered most as a featured song in the 1989 movie "Say Anything."

Back